Kato EVA Shinkansen pre-orders

Martijn Meerts

i dont understand that logic at all. if you pre-order one and don't get one, then it's not like they keep your money.  and if floating a few hundred euro for a month or two are an issue, maybe trains shouldn't be that high on the agenda...

Quite simply, if I pre-order something I want a reasonable guarantee that I will get the item. Pre-ordering the EVA 500 series gives me no such guarantee. I'm not pre-ordering something I'm very unlikely to get, regardless of what it costs.

• Like 1

Nariichi is taking pre orders at an extra fee to be bought at events where they will be released (at 1 per customer).

Jeff

I was aware of Nariichi-san lining up for hours and hours probably with all his family in tow to collect a few samples at the release event.  But I didn't think peeps would be bitching about that fact that he is charging them for doing them a favour.  If one does doe not wanna pay extra.  Go line up yourself.

• Like 1

Not bitching just saying that they are not interested. I think we all understand the extra costs involved in obtaining a private shopping item like that, just some are not willing to pay that price or not be assured they get one if ordered. We each have our own desires and ways we like buying, to each his own.

Jeff

Well at least if Nariichi didn't receive any pre-order, he can still buy the models for his own collections and put it on his layout to tempt the shop visitors even further.. and if the visitor got tempted, he will be happy to sell it I guess.. haha

Can someone tell me more about this release. I can't really translate a whole lot from the website about it?

Also, where do I find details about this Nariichi-san pre-order?

Can someone tell me more about this release. I can't really translate a whole lot from the website about it?

Also, where do I find details about this Nariichi-san pre-order?

You can read this link for further information, http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/4-kato-new-releases/page-84?hl=%20500%20%20type%20%20eva someone has helped with translation.. :) the website of nariichi is http://www.modeltrainplus.net/

Yah... Even if I had that amount of cash to spurge, For that price, I would seriously rather get this:

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/super-sale/products/tomix-98947-jr-limited-express-sleeping-cars-series-24-twilight-express-last-run-special-edition

I would consider that a much better investment honestly as it's a much more iconic train not to mention you get the whole thing in one go. 

PS Japan Government please print more money to devalue your currency so our rail fan can contribute more to your economy!

With sub-zero yield bonds I doubt they'll be pumping out currency anytime soon. I was shocked to see how much the Yen crept up yesterday when I got a payment request from HS. 2012 all over again. 

Or get the Rokuhan Z scale version if you just like the look of the train, only 4810 Yen more than their regular 500 (37810 vs 33000) which seems more in line with printing a fancier paint job and a little for the licensing than Kato's mark up.  HS does have a limit of six per customer though.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10400769

• Like 1

For what it`s worth. This is only my opinion and nothing official.

This model is pretty much the regular dated 500 model kato sold. With high quality decals attached.

Having said that It`s not a factory print. I wouldn`t trust the age of that lasting like a regular model especially if you have plans to use it alot or display it.

Also I would think as my own opinion in 12 month from now... just like the Exclusive E5 kato had at the time, they will re-run a regular 500 series or tomix will do it for sure.

This is really a advertising stunt for the train itself by JR and to get people into the show. Kato are just making some good $$$ on the side.

Hence the half assed release of the whole model itself. Sure it looks great I want one too.

Nagomi was another example where they did another 2 runs with the emperor car after that.

We all know Tomix has ran almost all of the 500`s like the plarail etc etc Theres really no reason for them not to be waiting for the exclusive timer to run out and go to bandai and say "TAKE MY MONEY"

• Like 4

I agree Keitaro san.

I would hold on to my horses too to wait for a regular EVA model from Tomix... There really shouldn't be a reason why Tomix would not release this.. Guess waiting is the key now...

• Like 1

I agree Keitaro san.

I would hold on to my horses too to wait for a regular EVA model from Tomix... There really shouldn't be a reason why Tomix would not release this.. Guess waiting is the key now...

Seems like you didn't need to wait long. 

The question is, do I get the Tomix for cheaper or get the kato because the rest of my models are kato?

Tomix. Because it`s a real print with a better model the kato is dated now. uses the old coupling system too. Which is good but not as good as the new.

Tomix hands-down. The real print versus decal is a big deal, also all-wheel pick-up is nice and the Tomix version is accurate to the prototype with the exhibit car. 

• Like 1