Kato EVA Shinkansen pre-orders

I probably should have installed a lighting kit to each car and maybe tinted the windows to really make it unique. But, at the time I just happy - trying to complete the task. Maybe, if I find a used set on EBay I'll pimp it out and use another pastel like color.

• Like 1

Kb4iuj

nice, now the simple job of making the decal sheets! i kind of doubt kato will ever release a decal sheet for these, they want folks to buy the train. also very tough to decal on that space of complex curves. you do have a really unique train now!

jeff

• Like 1

I though about making decals for it but it'd be a booger to put on...And probably cost more to make than they'd ever sale.

Mind you it's cheaper than shelling out mega bucks. Though, I do have to wonder if Tomix or Kato are going to start cranking out Collectors Items. Stuff you keep in the box and hope someday it'll be worth more than what you paid for it. As when you open it up to replace old parts and stretch out the plastic and start breaking those tiny little clips.

For what you guys paid for those things - did they included lighting in all of those cars ?

Edited by Kb4iuj

I though about making decals for it but it'd be a booger to put on...And probably cost more to make than they'd ever sale.

Mind you it's cheaper than shelling out mega bucks. Though, I do have to wonder if Tomix or Kato are going to start cranking out Collectors Items. Stuff you keep in the box and hope someday it'll be worth more than what you paid for it. As when you open it up to replace old parts and stretch out the plastic and start breaking those tiny little clips.

For what you guys paid for those things - did they included lighting in all of those cars ?

This is one of the more rare collector oriented editions in Japanese trains as its very unique train and crosses over into the anime collector world which is much more into collecting than the Japanese model train world is. Kato started to even hype it more with saying they were only selling them at certain events to drive up the demand some. Doing pad printing or decals across those end cars are a nightmare and one of the big things that drives the production price up. Also I'm sure the licensing was not cheap at all as evangelon knows how valuable and lucrative that property is with the anime collector angle.

Of course tomix then came in with a license and did the train to spec and pad printed the painting for better detail. Of course with kato selling theirs retail now at a high price there is not a big incentive for tomix to do the train super cheap and under cut kato dramatically, especially with the more correct train, better printing and power couplers.

They know it looks so cool and different for a Shinkansen there are a lot of folks saying damn the credit card, I just gotta have it! As bill said recently, and why not?! Sadly it is very rich if you are on a tight budget.

Cheers

Jeff

Prior to any decent video of the 500 EVA, when there were maybe 3 video's of the thing on YouTube. It looked like they had made some special cars on the front which lacked Windows. Hence, if you look at my cars I used some plastic putty to cover over the windows on the left side. Hence, now there's a ton of video of the things - one can see they used a special type of vinyl material which is clear but will allow paint to adhere to it. In Chicago, during the summer time some of the EL cars will have advertisements over the Windows which one can look out. But, looking at the car from outside their would be a McDonalds or Jack Daniels advertisement.

Hence, I doubt if Kato will ever come out with some CTA "EL" cars with the Jack Daniels vinyl signage on it or even the McDonalds on one of the Windows. Like the ones I saw a year ago.

Edited by Kb4iuj

Not sure what Chicago advertising has to do with the eva 500.

All you did was take $150 worth of train. Apply purple paint and turn it into $50 worth of train.

And it still isnt close to the eva 500 in terms of likeness.

• Like 2

No, I spent $184, which includes shipping and the paint. In all reality it was more than I really wanted to pay. But, I doubt if I bother selling it for $50 - I'd rather just toss it on the burn pile and write it off as experience or just something to fool with.

Check out this ad agency that puts these logo on trams & metros across America.

Checkout the Mountain Dew soft drink...

Edited by Kb4iuj
  • Like 1