Kato EVA Shinkansen pre-orders

I didn't really know where to put this so i thought i'd put it here (hope no-one minds) does anyone know of anywhere that has it up for pre-order yet? I'm curious of the price and if it's not too silly, i'd like to pre-order one, but can't find anywhere online to pre-order it from yet.

Thanks for any help

Tim 

• Like 1

From what I know there are no pre-orders yet. I notified a view sellers I know that I want one, and they assured me to keep one for me as soon at it is available. The price should be around 30000 yen.

Jerry,

You might contact modeltrainplus.net and loco1hobby.net. both do export to the us and are english speaking and great service.

From the announcement event it sounds like first it will only be sold directly to the public at a few events and then in the Kato stores, then hopefully to shops! with all the anime fans in on this one it has the makings for a real grab in the early days on these!

more over here

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/11600-kato-500-kei-evangalion/

jeff

The latest newsletter from Modeltrainplus states:

I have already received lots of request from my customers.
At the newest monthly meeting at KATO, I have raised to Mr. Kato about number of request from oversea customer who are not able to make a purchase at the Model Railroad Contest.  I will keep communicating with KATO as much to secure the requested number available.

Now, I would like to finalize the condition for this products.  Please see below.

1. Price
Offering to ModelTrainPlus regular customer: 46,000 Yen/each + shipping to your location
Price to all other customer*: 50,000 Yen/each + shipping to your location
It is a bit higher than normal personal shopping. Please understand the extra effort I am working to secure requested number.  Above price including paypal fee equivalent.  So I will not ask anything other than 46,000 (50,000) Yen and shipping.

* Customer with following condition belongs to this criteria:
- Customer placed order to ModelTrainPlus either never or only once.
- Customer who have not placed order for last 3 months (Mar 1 - May 31)
- I will judge with past shopping history.

2. Item availability will be "best effort".
I will try to get them on Model Railroad Contest which will be held on August 6 and 7.  I will try my best to get yours as much.  I am sorry but I can't guarantee to secure yours.

3. Waitlist queue and priority
I now set the price and will be contacting each customer on queue to confirm the offering.  Your queue may be changed if some other customer doesn't agree with my offering.  I will take your pre-order until July 15.  Also queue priority will be given to ModelTrainPlus regular customer.

HTH

• Like 1

Nope, nope, nope. Way to much. I don't understand why Kato is doing this. They must know that a lot of people want this train.

Judging by the reaction at the announcement, they're right. Rest assured, I too won't be competing for one of the limited number of them.

yeah unfortunately at the current exchange rate i'm out as that puts it at £309 without shipping. thanks to all the uncertainty around whether the UK stays in the EU the exchange rate is shocking. 

If possible,

To any sellers, can I get added to the notification list. I live in the US.

The funny thing is that I know nothing about the anime, I just think the design is unique and awesome looking.

• Like 1

The funny thing is that I know nothing about the anime, I just think the design is unique and awesome looking.

Never seen it either.[emoji1]

yeah unfortunately at the current exchange rate i'm out as that puts it at £309 without shipping. thanks to all the uncertainty around whether the UK stays in the EU the exchange rate is shocking. 

And the Japanese Yen is at a three year high.

You guys should watch it! It's fantastic!

Superb job on the 500 series, but sorry, that kind of price is WAY too much to bear... It's almost the price of a special 12 car box set like the E7 series etc..

Perhaps a little wait and we might see Tomix jump onto the band wagon and produce this too, at a lower, more conventional channel?

Yeah likewise here, no way can I justify that price unfortunately. That price would probably finish my layout

yeah its a bit high for me as well. i hope eventually it just gets generally released at the 30000 yen price and i might think about it then if i want a splurge! yeah maybe tomix will get a license in after a year and then we can get all wheel drive and some competition maybe!

hate to think of what nariichi san will go thru to get what he can at the events! it could get ugly, its happened in the past.

jeff

I love this train too much, its on my shopping list already. 

Have to say it priced too premium for an 8 car set, the eurostar was priced 18000 yen. Although I love this set, I would need a significant price drop before purchasing it. I got gut feeling they doing a very limited edition to put the price sky high!

Yeap with current exchange rate totally against me (GBP) from 195 last year to today 148 per GBP, thats 32% increase on top of the insane 50000 yen starting price. Now I totally regret not stocking more last year!

PS Japan Government please print more money to devalue your currency so our rail fan can contribute more to your economy!

Edited by Jensen
Martijn Meerts

To be honest, I would pay that much for it, but I'm not pre-ordering because it's not guaranteed you actually get one.

The limited run might be a condition of the licensing deal btw, can't imagine Kato wanting to release something in such limited quantities if they can earn a lot more in releasing it as a regular model. They already know the backlash caused by doing a limited, hard to get run, and that was just a single car.

• Like 1

To be honest, I would pay that much for it, but I'm not pre-ordering because it's not guaranteed you actually get one.

Yeah, I think this is quite true... I heard that for the event, one visitor is only allowed to buy one model.. so if our suppliers offers help to buy some ordered models from overseas customers, that would be tough competitions..

Guest keio6000

i dont understand that logic at all. if you pre-order one and don't get one, then it's not like they keep your money.  and if floating a few hundred euro for a month or two are an issue, maybe trains shouldn't be that high on the agenda...

Yeah I really do think they are going for the hype here to get the press and expect in the long run to provide it as a regular run. Perhaps the painting difficulties limit their current production as well so they can only do a limited run. Also lets them gauge the market more for doing the production size of the regular run. If they do cost a lot to produce and have to pay license fee based on production number (this is sometimes done to avoid fell off da back of da truck sales) then they would not want to wind up with a lot of expensive extra stock...

I am surprised they are doing the special event sale after the emperor car debacle. It will be interesting to hear how they handle the sale at the event to avoid any riots! But if there is a riot them maybe it will assure a more general release like the emperor car apology.

I'm assuming Nariichi San will be having to hire some folks to stand in line to purchase them hence the needed price addition.

Jeff