Tomix elevated structure question(s)

railsquid

Trying to get my head around various bits of the Tomix elevated system... When connecting a "wide plate" (cat. no. 3062) to a double-track elevated section, there'll be a gap in the wall as the double track section isn't as wide. I've seen filler sections like the one circled here below (from this video) - is this an actual Tomix part or a DIY thing?

tomix-high-level-wall.jpg

It's an actual original Tomix thingy... I think it's suited for use like in the original 91075, the one katoftw posted:

10073998b.jpg 

10073998k.jpg 

As we can see, the C605-10 will curve out and into the width of the double tracks, so the corner piece is just to cater for the width differences ~

Thanks - the question is then - is the plate with the corner part available as a separate part, or just in the 91075 set, where it's listed as "高架橋S140-55.5R"/"高架橋S140-55.5L"; Googling finds nothing apart from the set.

Not that it's too important, I'm sure I can scratch-build my own square of grey plastic.

Two pieces that may be what you want:

3062 Viaduct S140-55.5  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10028718k/50/1

3061 Viaduct S140-37      http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10028717z/70/1

These pieces can be supported with pillars or the 4046 or 4047 overhead railway  station buildings.  Then you need platforms. That little piece in the photo could be off the end of one of the 4031 platforms.

Constant height piers (not pillars!) are 3017 (single), 3041, 3047, 3048 (double).  There are also elevated beams for when a pillar is not possible directly below  the track (3071 S, 3072 M, 3073 L).

I'm using 3061 to support side platforms.  This was once offered as a set.

Edited by bill937ca

Thanks, I have pretty much all the requisite pieces except for the end walls in question, which look unavailable unless I buy the entire set, so some square plastic will do the job when I get that far.

27569785546_703183403c_z.jpg

shinkansen-station-tram by Rail Squid, on Flickr

But, hmm, is at least that slab rail available separately, especially the curves?

C605-10-SL is only available with the full station set.

S140-SL is available in 2 or 4 packs.

both are available in concrete tie packs though.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

I've searched the Tomix catalogue, but I could only find Tomix 3062, which is the S140-55.5 slab piece, but it doesn't come with the corner wall piece... I am guessing that piece is only available in the Tomix overhead station sets...

I cut away my corner pieces so that I could use them us normal S140-55.5 piece ...  :P

Oh well, if I knew now back then I'd have started off with a station set, but I was originally planning to build a sort of half-station and acquired the bits individually (and cheaply). A pity about the slab track, but it's not going to be much visible anyway.

Oh well, if I knew now back then I'd have started off with a station set, but I was originally planning to build a sort of half-station and acquired the bits individually (and cheaply). A pity about the slab track, but it's not going to be much visible anyway.

True. Well if you are planning on using the wall pieces,

10028716z.jpg 

they can cover up that small corner from being visible, unless if one views from the front...

I'm planning to leave the more visible end segment without walls so the train ends can be admired :D The other end will disappear behind buildings etc. and hopefully give the impression that the station is longer than the 4-car length I'm working with.

Anyway nothing which can't be solved with a bit of plastic and some paint.