Macross... all of them!

Hi all,

I just wanted to start this topic so people can place info, images or any other things about all the existing Macross series.

Macross DYRL - PS1 game (Last stage + ending)

Mentioning the PS1-game Macross in other post (http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/11490-what-did-you-order-or-the-post-deliver-other-hobbies/) brought memories so I decided to play this great game again.

Here below a video that I recorded while playing the game some days ago (video of last stage + ending).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DG9jNt-d2w&feature=youtu.be

Cheers,

Nxcale

Edited by nxcale

HI all,

As the Macross game contains lots of parts of the animation, the video was removed...

Anyway, the following are some pictures of the ending (and other things) from two game guides.

Game Guide 1 - cover

The final boss

The ending which includes parts of the movie Macross Flashback

Game Guide 2 - cover

The final boss

The ending which includes parts of the movie Macross Flashback

Extra stuff when the game is finish in HARD

Other illustrations

Cheers,

Nxcale

E231 vs Regult Tactical Pod (Papercraft) !!!

This is a papercraft Pod (Macross). When I made it, I did not intent to make N scale.

However, it looks like kinna N scale.

I slightly upgrade/modified the original version to have leg's articulations.

So, the pod can move the "legs" or rotate the body as the picture below:

(note: this pod is not match for Misa Hayase)

Cheers,

Nxcale

p.s. it gives the idea of making a train diorama with some figures of Macross. I saw one of Gundam in a magazine so it could work...

Edited by nxcale
  • Like 2

Cool to see some Macross love here!

Some of my Macross models:

post-832-0-88475400-1465915945_thumb.jpgpost-832-0-30403200-1465915960_thumb.jpgpost-832-0-26176300-1465915975_thumb.jpgpost-832-0-85171600-1465916315_thumb.jpgpost-832-0-24440400-1465916320_thumb.jpgpost-832-0-00100200-1465916324_thumb.jpg

Many others on the stash! :P

Martin

• Like 2

Thanks valkyriepm for sharing the pictures! great models!

Could you put more pictures of the VF-1 with the Minmay decals?
That is the one that caught my eye, it is very nice.

Now sharing a small figure, here below pictures of a VF-1 in fighter mode.

VF-1 vs. Tomytec bus?

Being a 1/144 figure, it is close enough to N scale.

I think I need to get a pilot in uniform (I think it could fit in the cockpit)

This VF-1 does not have many details but it is still good enough for a train diorama with some Macross figures!

Cheers,

Nxcale

Hi all,

While trying to organise some files, I found some "lost" pictures in my pc.

I put these here below:

Another papercraft, I made some time ago...

Cheers,

Nxcale

• Like 2

Nice paper models!

Thanks!

The next one I would like to make is the Destroy Monster.

Destroy Monster in papercraft - coming soon?

I will try to find some spare time to work on it.

Cheers,

Nxcale

• Like 1

I picked up 8 of the new Tomytec Gimix VF-1 Valkyrie models in 1/144 scale, hence the reason why I have no money for trains right now.  I figured the trains will be easy to find down the road but the Valkyrie models will probably be pretty scarce. I ended up buying;

3 VF-1A in Fighter mode

2 VF-1A in Battroid mode

1 VF-1J in Fighter mode

1 VF-1J in Battroid mode

1 VF-1S in Fighter mode

These kits are beautiful, go together easy with only a few parts requiring glue, and the paint job is amazing.  The fighter mode is by far the longest to build as it has many more small parts over the other two modes. Your looking at about 2 hours assembling time per model, I built all but one fighter which I want to install the OP11 lighting kit in which I haven't purchased yet. I think my future N scale layout will have to have an airfield on it ;)

Oh..in order to build a Gerwalk you have to have both the Fighter and Battroid kits as each has parts to build the Gerwalk. Basically twice the price to get Gerwalk. If you plan of buying a Fighter and a Battroid don't by the kits individually, buy the 2 pack as it includes a decal sheet with UN Spacey Kites and other Macross decals which will be useful to put on trucks or buildings.

• Like 1

Very nice items keiichi77 but... but... I didn't know anything about these items!!! (thanks for the information)

Most of those are already sold out... probably I was able to grab the MCR09 VF-1J 2 Mode Set

MCR09 VF-1J 2 Mode Set

The order went trough and appears in my account but I haven't received the confirmation email yet.

I checked the item again in the HS website and it now appears as sold out as well.

... it is even funnier because I just ordered yesterday the item below:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross SDF-1 Macross Forced -with 1/2400 Scale Macross Forced Paper Craft

Cheers,

Nxcale

Edited by nxcale

Notice of Stock Shortage...

I got worried when I received an email from HS with this title.

Yesterday, I also ordered (With the CR09 VF-1J 2 Mode Set) the following ones:

Luminescence Unit

and,

Aviation Equipment 4 JASDF Weapon Set

The later is not available, not the best news but apparently I got one of the last VF-1J!!!

Cheers,

Nxcale

p.s.

These kits are beautiful, go together easy with only a few parts requiring glue, and the paint job is amazing.  The fighter mode is by far the longest to build as it has many more small parts over the other two modes. Your looking at about 2 hours assembling time per model, I built all but one fighter which I want to install the OP11 lighting kit in which I haven't purchased yet. I think my future N scale layout will have to have an airfield on it ;)

Oh..in order to build a Gerwalk you have to have both the Fighter and Battroid kits as each has parts to build the Gerwalk. Basically twice the price to get Gerwalk. If you plan of buying a Fighter and a Battroid don't by the kits individually, buy the 2 pack as it includes a decal sheet with UN Spacey Kites and other Macross decals which will be useful to put on trucks or buildings.

I already did it but again, thanks for the information.

Hope we can see soon your layout with an airfield showing your collection of Macross models.

Edited by nxcale
  • Like 2

I am currently building a room in my basement to house my Japanese layout, anime collection etc....my man cave.  Still a few weeks to go if all goes well, I only have 2 days a week I can work on the room. Just two more pipes to move , run some electrical outlets, hang my drywall, crack fill it and start my layout......it sounds so easy...lol

• Like 2

I am currently building a room in my basement to house my Japanese layout, anime collection etc....my man cave.  Still a few weeks to go if all goes well, I only have 2 days a week I can work on the room. Just two more pipes to move , run some electrical outlets, hang my drywall, crack fill it and start my layout......it sounds so easy...lol

You could start a thread about your building of your man-cave, with photos and such ; would be interesting.

• Like 1

Very nice. Let's us know how things are going.

You could start a thread about your building of your man-cave, with photos and such ; would be interesting.

That's a good idea, it would be a very interesting topic.

In my case , a man cave is still a far away dream but it would great to see and get some ideas for the future.

Cheers,

Nxcale

Martijn Meerts

Was never that much into Macross.. I think I saw 1 of the earlier series at some point, but it didn't really stick for some reason. I've been tempted getting 1 of the plastic kits though, they look rather high quality.

I'm debating whether to get into the tomix 1/144 macross stuff too. The Bandai HMR line is about 1/100 is too big but it's the only line with nice regults and glaug, and now the monster. It's off scale but looks pretty nice in a layout. Casual phone pic.

post-2546-14731739414589_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My airbase has a mysterious visitor...from the same series nxcale's Valk was from, have some more them but they're up with my other planes. Need to get a 1/144 Mave or Super Sylph as well, have the 1/100 versions by Alter but they're too big. 

post-3438-0-41832500-1476904657_thumb.jpg

• Like 2