JAM 2016 ?

domino

This year's participating clubs, module clubs and layouts have been announced: http://kokusaitetsudoumokei-convention.jp/ Most are regulars and I'm keen on seeing what improvements have been made!

P.s. would it be possible to move this topic to the Club News forum, as all convention and meeting topics can be found there. THANKS! :D

P.p.s. I'm all in for a drink afterwards somewhere in the direction of Oimachi or Osaki (or wherever is convenient) after the JAM.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 2
P.p.s. I'm all in for a drink afterwards somewhere in the direction of Oimachi or Osaki (or wherever is convenient) after the JAM.

Same. I wouldn't mind meeting up beforehand either.

It's already July though. Maybe we should start talking about who's up for a meeting, when and where?

So far I'm free either of these three days.

Drunkenclam

Have fun you guys and make sure to post lots of pics, for all us who wished we could go.

For the JAM, I had to narrow it down to the 20th, on Saturday. If anyone has any obligation against tmeetin on Saturday, please let me hear about it. If not, let's set up some details.

• Like 1

20th sounds good to me since I'm actually leaving for Kyoto on Sunday and might have some other meeting planned on Friday.

• Like 1

So is it only gonna be the three of us?

With just a bit over two weeks to go, let's start talking about the details?

As you guys are more familiar around Tokyo, what do you suggest?

Depending on everyone's route, we can meet up at convenient points. I'll be coming via Oimachi (Tokyu) over the Rinkai Line, so Oimachi could be place to meet up. Other than that, Kokusaitenjijyo or in front of the entrance of the JAM in Big Sight.

At the moment I'm not sure exactly when or how long I'll be there due to a slightly conflicting schedule on Saturday.

What time would be nice to meet? I can go practically the whole day, but I do have travel for one and a half hours to get there first.

I have the whole day as well. So meeting in the morning and staying until we got enough would be fine with me.

It's my first time at JAM, so I don't know what there is to see exactly and how much time should be calculated for the visit.

I just inquired at Mr. sato if he's up for a drink afterwards. Last year we went all together with the Taiwan railway association fanclub, so maybe this year as well. Maybe it's nice to have lunch first (or meet up earlier for a JR East run and ekisoba) and then visit the JAM. I'm not sure if anyone has certain purchasing goals for an early visit though. I certainly don't at the moment. ^^

• Like 1

I am in a lather of indecision, I need to be in Shibuya that afternoon for a couple of hours, vaguely thinking about going early, might also be available in the evening.

I am in a lather of indecision, I need to be in Shibuya that afternoon for a couple of hours, vaguely thinking about going early, might also be available in the evening.

Drinking will probably be done in Shibuya in the evening, so that can be a good compromise. We can also do a morning JAM meet up and decide later on how to fill the time in between.

• Like 1

when is the jam 2017?

Looking at previous posts and previous dates of the convention, it is held during the 3rd weekend of August. (except for one year when it was held a week after Matsuya in Ginza.)

Based on that info, I am taking a punt and booking my holidays for 2017 tomorrow to get the cheap airfares from Oz to Japan, plus do a cruise that departs from Yokohama (goes around Hokkaido) on the last day of convention in 2017. So I am hoping to do a full day visit to JAM on Saturday.

Edited by Edo-San
  • Like 1