Jump to content
NX:

What did you order or the post deliver? (Other hobbies)

Recommended Posts

fpav_2125

Coronavirus can't stopped this music delivered (from Amazon Japan, Spain and USA via Amazon UK) Thanks to delivery guys from DHL and Starken (a chilean delivery company) for the hardest job.

 

 

IMG_20200415_191151.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Roy, what a voice!

 

jeff

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

So this came last week. Odd ebay find and just looked fun. It’s a commemorative hunk or rail (or fake cast chunk) that’s been nickel plated.  Google translate is having a devil of a time with it. Any ideas squid?

 

cheers,

 

jeff

3E5D663B-A59D-4952-8878-23668E038375.jpeg

EB6B9CFA-7AFB-4306-859B-1FD3A55D32EF.jpeg

E1B857B6-BB32-490B-9BC2-B09F5CC9BD56.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
GDorsett

The shipping on that must have been absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
ranger10178

It probably only weighs about 500 grams! So I wouldn't have thought it'd be much more than a 'typical' model order - where you're buying a loco, a few wagons, and a few building kits etc.

 

A few years ago I had an order of real train parts (Off of a British Rail DMU) come with the UK postage being about £10 - This was about 10 kilograms of parts - including Cab gauges/speedometers, AWS sunflower dial/AWS reset button, some smaller switches, and some labels from the cab. I was interested in obtaining the power handle, but the seller was only willing to sell it to me with the whole assembly - which is about a metre tall, and weighs between 15-20 kilograms! Postage was likely to be about £100 as it'd need a pallet! - If I was going for a Pallet of parts I should have just bought the whole drivers desk off of him! The man in question owned a DMU driving coach that had stopped working, therefore he was selling it bit by bit.

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

it was about $11 as it was in the us, but around the same for sal i would expect. its a couple of pounds. definitely is a hunk of metal, nice paperweight! it was just too odd to passup.

 

jeff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4
1 hour ago, ranger10178 said:

A few years ago I had an order of real train parts (Off of a British Rail DMU) come with the UK postage being about £10 - This was about 10 kilograms of parts - including Cab gauges/speedometers, AWS sunflower dial/AWS reset button, some smaller switches, and some labels from the cab. I was interested in obtaining the power handle, but the seller was only willing to sell it to me with the whole assembly - which is about a metre tall, and weighs between 15-20 kilograms! Postage was likely to be about £100 as it'd need a pallet! - If I was going for a Pallet of parts I should have just bought the whole drivers desk off of him! The man in question owned a DMU driving coach that had stopped working, therefore he was selling it bit by bit.


reminds me of

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Kamome
5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

So this came last week. Odd ebay find and just looked fun. It’s a commemorative hunk or rail (or fake cast chunk) that’s been nickel plated.  Google translate is having a devil of a time with it. Any ideas squid?

 

cheers,

 

jeff

3E5D663B-A59D-4952-8878-23668E038375.jpeg

EB6B9CFA-7AFB-4306-859B-1FD3A55D32EF.jpeg

E1B857B6-BB32-490B-9BC2-B09F5CC9BD56.jpeg

So it appears to be a shinkansen specification rail manufactured by the Marunouchi transport company. Says it’s a commemorative item for the opening of the East Shinkansen line.
 

Either side of the rail picture is the station list for the Yamabiko and Aoba services, presumably during the 200 series days.

 

A nice find.

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Thanks kamome! 
 

jeff

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200

I actually bought this memory stick a few years ago in Japan, but it disappeared and just resurfaced today. I like it. It's gonna double as a little desk ornament. 

 

4Bdk5bN.jpg

 

gvh05nA.jpg

 

xAhyyZz.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Desk toys are the best! I have a few boxes full!

 

jeff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
Just now, cteno4 said:

Desk toys are the best! I have a few boxes full!

 

jeff

 

Let's see. Get those desk toys on parade!

Share this post


Link to post
GDorsett

I would share my desk toys, but they're covered with projects tools, parts, and paperwork right now...

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Let's see. Get those desk toys on parade!


It’s more like a May Day parade! I’ve always had lots of desk toys as I found them so great to occupy part of my mind that what’s to go play when on phone conferences (I work at home most of the time) and not let it distract the rest of the brain that has to focus on conversation. Plus I just love toys...

 

my best friend in grad school gave me the tee shirt “the one who dies with the most toys wins!” At the end of our first year as she realized how much I liked toys. It was a strong second in high school to go engineering and design to just go design toys...

 

jeff

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ranger10178
47 minutes ago, cteno4 said:


It’s more like a May Day parade! I’ve always had lots of desk toys as I found them so great to occupy part of my mind that what’s to go play when on phone conferences (I work at home most of the time) and not let it distract the rest of the brain that has to focus on conversation. Plus I just love toys...

 

my best friend in grad school gave me the tee shirt “the one who dies with the most toys wins!” At the end of our first year as she realized how much I liked toys. It was a strong second in high school to go engineering and design to just go design toys...

 

jeff

Just think, you could be designing for Kato now haha

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Actually at the time it was going to be windup toys. I started collecting them when I was young.

 

jeff

Share this post


Link to post
ranger10178
33 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Actually at the time it was going to be windup toys. I started collecting them when I was young.

 

jeff

Ahhh!

Share this post


Link to post
GDorsett

In my house, the phrase is "he who dies with the most unfinished projects wins".

I am already on my way towards that...

Share this post


Link to post
chadbag

Anyone who has been to Japan should have a whole country's worth of desk toys from the gacha pon.   I know I do...   

 

 

4 hours ago, GDorsett said:

I would share my desk toys, but they're covered with projects tools, parts, and paperwork right now...

 

This unfortunately is also my case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Just a couple of piles that were right there when walking by... there are more boxes... not even looking at capsule plarail...

 

jeff

ED77299F-0E7F-46C7-8CFF-1FF0C96E9E1C.jpeg

E0502D88-BB38-4996-B6D4-622117C9AA84.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
GDorsett

What are the bagged items?

Share this post


Link to post
GDorsett

Right now, the toys on my desk that I can share are things like this expensive pile of locos and a Talgo train:

0426202143.jpg

 

and this not so expensive stack of coaches

 

0426202143a.jpg

 

There was a lot more here that was loose, but it has since been put into a box with the rest of the in-progress projects that haven't really gone anywhere for a while...

 

0426201718.jpg

 

Every last one of those is awaiting something. Be it paint, parts, decoders, upgrades, etc, it's all part of my unfinished projects for the time being, I suppose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

These are just little toys not real model trains to fiddle with while on the phone, hence desk toys.

 

the one I the train bins are erasers. The other drawer are the toy story aliens. I wanted a couple and scored 25 of them for like $10. Only opened a few to play with.

 

then there is the big tinky winky, buzz light year and toy story alien toys but I keep them away from the desk as they make a lot of noise and not the thing to be caught playing with while on a conference call!

 

jeff

Share this post


Link to post
fpav_2125

Another shipments arrived from Japan (japanese jewel cases for cds are very good and SHM CDs are taking spots in my music collection) 

 

IMG_20200520_125912.thumb.jpg.1cfd74753315e6c77d0ec02615983572.jpg IMG_20200601_150722.thumb.jpg.aa60649e4f77eeac5e1fe311092e88f6.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
2 hours ago, fpav_2125 said:

Another shipments arrived from Japan (japanese jewel cases for cds are very good and SHM CDs are taking spots in my music collection) 

 

IMG_20200520_125912.thumb.jpg.1cfd74753315e6c77d0ec02615983572.jpg IMG_20200601_150722.thumb.jpg.aa60649e4f77eeac5e1fe311092e88f6.jpg

 

 

Nice 80s flashback. But why the japanese editions of English language material? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...