Indoctrinating children

railsquid

Evil brainwashing Toni!

Jeff

Worse yet; the little man and mama went out on sunday together and spent more than half an hour on the station, waiting for a 4000 type to arrive and ride. In the meantime, all Odakyu trains had been observed, including all the variations of 1000 type subseries (standard, wide door 1700 and the red 4-car version). I think they've got it bad and I'm happy  :evil4:

• Like 3

Just spent 6 hrs playing trains here with my 4 yr old grand nephew! Out came all the big Japanese train tin toys, brio, then the Ttrak loop 75 Tomytec structures and I think 50+ kawai freight cars! He was able to handle the trains well, while a tad rough he was able to retail trains and run them by himself fine! Saturated him so much that he did not do a fuss when time to go home!

Jeff

• Like 1

Such a cute and handsome boy! Is this in a park? Should be quite a tourist park too, with that tell tale 'toilet this way sign' in different languages...

It's inside Seibu Yuenchi [*] station, what he's standing behind is a mockup of the Leoliner cab for children to play with, though the Squidlet is not quite far enough along to understand that yet.

[*] Seibu Yuenchi being a somewhat modest amusement park, part of Seibu's leisure complex out in the west of Tokyo.

• Like 3

railsquid....love the photo and the expression on his face.

Well this is the time of year where model trains are very popular.....love this time of year (except for shoveling snow :( )

• Like 1

The Squidlet watching Chuo line trains from the pedestrian bridge west of Mitaka Station.

squidlet-bridge-chuo.jpg

squidlet-bridge-azusa.jpg

Some of the train drivers were kind enough to tootle their horns as they passed by, much to the delight of the mainly young boys watching.

• Like 4

Good crews - I reckon you should always give the kids a wave and a toot whenever you can do it safely. :)

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2

Early birthday present. Next week he'll be turning three, but it's never too early for PlaRail.

IMG_20161127_165245.jpg

It's only a simple tail chaser and the wife agrees; we need more rails. Much more rails. She basically said "Go nuts, but keep it within bounds". Things are going well.

Also, too many freight cars in this massive Kintaro set! Maybe we need a Momotaro and a Red Thunder to keep things at bay here :3

• Like 5

Good philosophy for life mark!

You and your son are very very lucky! That's a great mom! Just have to learn how to build layouts so there are good walking/stepping paths thru them! And think vertical!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Kabutoni - I love toys like this....it helps the child to be creative and also plan things out on their own....it's a great teaching tool!

Is this some new through-running arrangement? ;)

I could only wish. It was waiting for a Romance Car before changing to the Sotetsu network at Ebina. Just a very lucky moment here :)

As the Squidlet has graduated to pushing the Plarail set at his grandparents' house in circles around the table

squidlet-2016-12-25b.jpg

I though today would be a good opportunity to present him with something I bought before he was born, this Plarail Tokyo Toden mini set:

squidlet-2016-12-25c.jpg

which was remarkably prescient of me, as he's discovered the simple yet distinctive Tokyo City symbol in the last couple of months and delights in finding it in all kinds of places from manhole covers to Oedo line trains, so was very excited about this humble tram with said symbol on all 4 sides and spent a happy afternoon pushing it around in circles.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 3

Looks like the Plarail infestation has begun already, I blame Mrs. Railsquid who came back with a basic track pack and a level crossing. We will ignore the fact that they are labeled "from 3 years" and the Squidlet is not yet 2. He was most delighted to find the tram can move by itself and has understood the concept of the controlling lever on the roof, and though he doesn't have the coordination to use it yet he knows which bit to point at when it should move or stop.

squidlet-2016-12-27a.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like the Plarail infestation has begun already, I blame Mrs. Railsquid who came back with a basic track pack and a level crossing. We will ignore the fact that they are labeled "from 3 years" and the Squidlet is not yet 2. He was most delighted to find the tram can move by itself and has understood the concept of the controlling lever on the roof, and though he doesn't have the coordination to use it yet he knows which bit to point at when it should move or stop.

Lucky Squidlet!

Mama here doesn't want to put batteries in the trains until ours turns four... It kind of ruins the game and makes playing with the ultra long EH500 freight train a bit hard. Then again, our little monster has entered his kaiju phase and needs to have his toys taken away from time to time.

I was hesitant because the Squidlet has been somewhat frightened by toys which move by themselves, but we needed to distract him due to arrival of some IKEA furniture which needed assembling (as tomorrow is the last cardboard recycling day before New Year). He alternates between watching it run round and moving it himself. We'll see how it goes, I promised to buy him an EH500 or whatever JRF loco is pictured on one of the boxes if he sleeps through the night by himself...

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 3

Today was the first time finally riding the Kanto Railway Jōsō line. Our little man was very excited about it and we enjoyed our morning speeding through the rice paddies of Ibaraki prefecture. Today was also the first time I saw one of the old DMU models (キハ003) in service. These are only used in regular service in rush hour on thr south part, so I've never seen one in action. Unfortunately this one was the only one I've seen so far...

IMG_20161229_113633.jpg

This was taken at Ishige sta. where we walked from to Tamamura sta. and got dango and cooked chicken en route.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 5