Tokyo Toei Bus Ride-- Toei Bus 60

bill937ca

This video shows Toei bus line 60 from Ueno Park to Ikebukuro Station.  There are lots of store fronts, road fences with bicycles parked along the fence, signs and traffic.  The video was filmed in 2009. 

Bus 60 has infrequent service.  Nearly bus 58 has several trips per hour. Both stop at Ueno Park and 58 goes to Waseda.

This is another video of the same bus line.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4

My favourite bus company!

These bus videos are great as they show you the shops and streets without having to walk ~~

Kinda reminded me of playing this game:

By which I actually have the game and play sometimes ~~ :P

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

I was curious about line 60 and why it has such a limited service. Seems ridership has dropped over the years, first due to rerouting which made it no longer useful to get to a cancer hospital in north Ikebukuro, and later the break up of manufacturing functions at an Ota Isan pharmaceutical plant and Kyodo printing plant, which lessened demand for subcontract work such as janitorial services, many of those workers who took the bus to get to those employment sites.

Nick_Burman

I was curious about line 60 and why it has such a limited service. Seems ridership has dropped over the years, first due to rerouting which made it no longer useful to get to a cancer hospital in north Ikebukuro, and later the break up of manufacturing functions at an Ota Isan pharmaceutical plant and Kyodo printing plant, which lessened demand for subcontract work such as janitorial services, many of those workers who took the bus to get to those employment sites.

Oddly enough the route is not featured on the Toei online bus map. I guess Toei is trying to finish it off...

Cheers NB