Films using Japanese trains

bc6

I was thinking about the new film that I just saw "The taking of Pelham 123 and was curious. Are there any famous or not too famous films shot in and on the the Japanese Railway system.

The first one I can think of is "The Bridge Over the River Kwai". Great film, great acting but not so great for the train.  

I give it 4  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Bridge over the river Kwai is a favorite of mine, Rain Fall  starring Gary Oldman is another Japanese  film with train action in it.

I laughed, I cried, it even left me wondering will she ever be the #1 girl.

If they could have put "Shinkansen Girl" on the steam engine in "Bridge Over River Kwai" it would have been a block buster film. (Oh, it was anyway)

A must for Sushi Lovers everywhere. 2 Thumbs up---Roger Ebert

"Shinkansen Girl", a made-for-TV movie (sorry, couldn't resist...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cfJSVO5r1o

alpineaustralia

The film "Speed" with Keanu Reeves was based on a Japanese film called "Bullet Train" which involved a bomb placed on a series 0 shinkansen triggering when the train hit 120km/hr. Lots of model shinkansen used. Excellent fun for a Japanese railfan (and his son) to watch.

The film "Speed" with Keanu Reeves was based on a Japanese film called "Bullet Train" which involved a bomb placed on a series 0 shinkansen triggering when the train hit 120km/hr. Lots of model shinkansen used. Excellent fun for a Japanese railfan (and his son) to watch.

Hey

I just bought the "Bullet train" film on ebay, really looking forward to see it.

Brian

alpineaustralia

It is a bit cheesey but the model scenes are quite good and the movie tells you a lot about the Japanese culture particularly in relation to respect to superior and heirachy. Enjoy!