Coffee table layout using Tomix 5563

Oz_Paul

Set on my coffee table around 1,200mm x 900mm.

Could watch it going all day long & wife loves it too!

Edited by Oz_Paul
  • Like 10

Oh wow that looks GREAT! 2 mini loops in a small layout with automatic control! Very nice! I do wished it was a commuter train doing the run though, having a goods train run backwards with a loco behind is quite weird for me ~  :P

But nice track plan! I like it!

• Like 1

Thanks.

The water surface is clear contact (used to cover school books) on print outs of water surfaces.

I refer to it as 2 Infinite Loop named after its more famous namesake in Cupertino.

PS: There is a coaster too next to the Tomix 5563 to park the drink!

Just seen this and absolutely adore it.  Could you give some more details on construction please?

Did you use unitrack?

Edited by Staffy

It's visible in the video that the layout is based on Tomix Finetrack and the Tomix automation unit is easiest to use with the Tomix track sensors and turnouts. The layout seems to be a twice around loop with a 3 track yard and sensors at the buffers and the passenger platform. Imho it has an interesting and very compact scenery.

Yes it does. What would be the likely radius of the curves please? (im not familiar with tomix track but understand they have more radii options). Thanks for your help.

Edited by Staffy

The radius would be C354 or less.  The single track viaduct is only available in C354, C317, C280 and C243.  

Tomix part numbers are

HC280-45  1871

HC317-45  1872

HC243-45  1873

HC354-45  1874

• Like 1