Shinkansen Series 500

Guest bill937ca

Guest bill937ca

More! This is quite professional.

"The 500 Series Shinkansen are the fastest, most powerful and most expensive trainsets yet to run on Japan's Shinkansen high-speed rail network.They are designed to be capable of 320 km/h (200 mph) although they operate at a maximum of 300 km/h (186 mph) in service. With the steady increase in the number of N700 Series Shinkansen assigned to Nozomi services, five of the nine sets will be shortened to 8 cars during 2008 and cascaded to Sanyo Shinkansen Kodama workings, replacing the earlier 0 series sets.500 Series Shinkansen. (2008, January 29). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 08:09, February 3, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php "

Bill,

Do you think they are going to phase out the 500 series? I know they were expensive to manufacture but are they also costly to run?

Guest bill937ca

Bill,

Do you think they are going to phase out the 500 series? I know they were expensive to manufacture but are they also costly to run?

I don't think they will be phased out, but there low numbers may push them off the busiest routes.