Your Avatar, how did you come to choose it?

Changed mine to an Enoden 1000 Series, as I've odered quite a few models and I intend to model a small layout with Enoden-style trains and some freight action.

Love the Super Ozora avatar Aaron. Are you going to railfan JR Hokkaido or do you stay in the vicinity of Osaka?

Nah, that's my fall trip. I plan to do Aizu to Sapporo in October.

Wait... you're going two times to Japan this year alone?! Gosh... Lucky man! I find it easier to go there a long time than to make short trips.

That's the plan, I'm making up for last year. But after Hokkaido, that's about it for my travels to Japan. There's too many other countries I want to visit.

I hear you... I'd love to go to Vietnam, China, everywhere but I'm not sure my obsession with Japan will allow it.

That's been my big drawback. I'm thinking of HK, Thailand or somewhere else in SEA. Someday, I'll make an icon for this thread to reflect SEA trains. Sadly most of them aren't so grand.

I hear you... I'd love to go to Vietnam, China, everywhere but I'm not sure my obsession with Japan will allow it.

Vincent,

Vietnam is great. very interesting country and very, very welcoming. being from france you will love the food as well -- french cooking has really permeated their food over the years and gives a really interesting bend to their traditional flavors/dishes! there is even a train to ride! if you go also jump over to cambodia. much more somber, but still interesting. unfortunately angor wat is getting the heck developed out of it now, quite sad...

cheers

jeff

Thanks for the advice, Jeff. I'll keep it in mind.

Actually, France (or Paris) is quite permeable to Vietnamese cuisine and I really love it. It's quite tasty and I fancy it a lot more than the regular Chinese food. That's actually one of the reason I would like to go there (sorry for being so French)... and I think I'm also, at some inconscious level, quite intriged by this old colony of ours.

I said it yesterday, after my upcoming month long trip to Japan, I'll try to visit Vietnam. The train ride from Hanoï to Ho Chi Minh Ville must be quite impressive.

My uncle did Vietnam one years and loved it. Sadly the Vietnamese and Cambodian accent in English is the one variant I can not understand. Now Burmese I can grasp a lot better.

Thanks for the advice, Jeff. I'll keep it in mind.

Actually, France (or Paris) is quite permeable to Vietnamese cuisine and I really love it. It's quite tasty and I fancy it a lot more than the regular Chinese food. That's actually one of the reason I would like to go there (sorry for being so French)... and I think I'm also, at some inconscious level, quite intriged by this old colony of ours.

I said it yesterday, after my upcoming month long trip to Japan, I'll try to visit Vietnam. The train ride from Hanoï to Ho Chi Minh Ville must be quite impressive.

Vincent,

i think you will find the food there distinctly different. we have a lot of vietnamese food in the us (lots of immigrants) and even the authentic stuff here was not the same in suability that we had in vietnam. was quite wonderful. amazing veggie pho from a crock on the curb even! was quite surprised by it, they do love their food and even the smallest place took care and pride in its finishing!

cheers

jeff

robrodgers2000

People tell me I look like Joey Ramone.  I don't really think I do, and I'm not sure it's a complement, but there you go.

Rob

Mine is basically... m'y own logo.

I just put it on an iPhone App shape.

Like it, I use it for every forum I'm on. :-)