My 2014 trip on Facebook

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

I'm posting images from my 2014 trip to Japan on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.burman.5 - commentary is in Portuguese for the benefit of my friends but I think the Facebook translator will be able to handle translations without trouble.

Cheers NB

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Is it just me or is it that many of us railfans have an eye for similar things, looking at the photos you took in Matsumoto there are a lot that are similar to ones I have taken, these are of everyday things such as streetscenes and the local environment.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
Nick_Burman

Is it just me or is it that many of us railfans have an eye for similar things, looking at the photos you took in Matsumoto there are a lot that are similar to ones I have taken, these are of everyday things such as streetscenes and the local environment.

Well, yes - especially when you are bent on layout building, live thousands of miles away and need as much info as possible to try and reproduce the environment correctly. Also because Matsumoto was one of two cities (the other was Kanazawa) which caught our attention as being special in one way or another - possibly because of the town's location under the lee of some of the tallest peaks in the country or because of the several historical buildings (castle, school) around town. I use Matsumoto as an example of a liveable town, especially when compared with the unmitigated urban chaos I have to deal with daily.

Cheers NB

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Well, yes - especially when you are bent on layout building, live thousands of miles away and need as much info as possible to try and reproduce the environment correctly.

Cheers NB

I think you have summed that up perfectly as I also wanted to get as much inspiration as well capturing details that will make a layout look authentic. Edited by Das Steinkopf