Channel News Asia - Japan Hour

JR 500系

Just posting this here for those with cable to access Channel News Asia. There is always a program called Japan Hour, that has been aired for almost more than 20 years. I have been watching them since I was young! Sometimes they have very interesting topics especially on trains, and we are approaching one such episode!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/japanhour/episode/limited-express-train/2628364.html

I cant wait to watch it!

*I'll be posting more on Japan Hour here, for anything that is interesting, even outside trains, like food or culture or anything. I do hope I can learn to record off the TV though so I can at least share them here or something for those without access to Channel News Asia..

• Like 1

Content is not authorized in the USA unfortunately either.

Thanks desban.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, its dabsan not desban :) Maybe now is a good time to explain my name on here .. my initials are D A B and as most of you know the use of san in the Japanese language so I use dabsan.

Hi

Here is the address of their live feed

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/live

Content unavailable in the (GB) but I could watch it when using my VPN Client. So hopefully I will be able to save the show and share it.

Thanks Dabsan!

Is there a way where we can download the live stream? Or a way where I can download the program off my TV? Would love to keep this episode and also hope to share with the community...

Oh! I watched this episode! It's not that cool, but nice as they took the Kurobe Gorge train ~

Thanks Dabsan!

Is there a way where we can download the live stream? Or a way where I can download the program off my TV? Would love to keep this episode and also hope to share with the community...

Hi, I can try and do a screen caputure recording using Camtasia from the live video and upload to my google drive to share with everyone. You could download it from my Google drive.

• Like 2

Hi, I can try and do a screen caputure recording using Camtasia from the live video and upload to my google drive to share with everyone. You could download it from my Google drive.

That will be like super cool! Thank you very much in advance dabsan!  :)

Or perhaps I can also do the same ~  :)

Hi, I managed to connect to the Channel News Asia live video stream using a Singapore ip address and every show played until the Japan Hour show started and this message appeared

post-766-0-04224600-1459662426_thumb.jpg

I have no idea why all the other shows play but this one doesn't, so I very sadly failed in recording the Japan Hour show.

Was looking forward to watching this and sharing it with all you guys. 

• Like 1

Hi, I managed to connect to the Channel News Asia live video stream using a Singapore ip address and every show played until the Japan Hour show started and this message appeared

attachicon.giffailed.jpg

I have no idea why all the other shows play but this one doesn't, so I very sadly failed in recording the Japan Hour show.

Was looking forward to watching this and sharing it with all you guys. 

It's ok dabsan... I tried to do the same an hour ago, but had to download a program for capturing the screen capture... And it had a virus 'PC cleaning software' which I had to arrest... In the end, I couldn't download the show...

I did however, watched it. It was fantastic! It seems to be only part 1 of the show, with another coming in part 2 next week. They only covered 8 Limited express trains, by which by the end of the program they had to cover 20. Seems tough for them now...

• Like 1

Alright!

With some guidance and help from dabsan, I managed to download a segment of Channel News Asia!

Here's an amateur trial:

Sorry for the watermark though, it's a free software so it came with that...

With that, I should be able to grab the second part of Japan Hour tomorrow and share them here!  :)

• Like 1

I think we came to a conclusion here:

post-819-0-96952300-1460273295_thumb.jpg

Even in Singapore when the show was airing there was this message...

I was discussing with dabsan on this and I think it has some legal issues with Japan Hour, like there wasn't even a torrent or anything to download previous episodes on... And now we cant air it and use softwares to download the show...

It's a pity, some episodes were really good to watch, like Local Bus Trips, Gokutabi etc...

I did however, used the oldest and most workable trick in the book, manual recording!

I recorded the entire show off my TV screen using my mobile... Quality is quite bad though as we understand it is off a mobile phone but nonetheless watchable. I really enjoyed this episode and I fully think it is worth keeping...

What do you guys think? Share the video? There might be some legal issues here though...

Hi, yeah seems so difficult to watch this show but JR500 did an excellent job of recording it using his mobile. I was going to share it by Google Drive but the upload seems so slow there at the moment, so I have put it in Dropbox. I will keep it in there for a while and hope you all can watch it or download it and after a while I will remove it so please enjoy.

Thanks JR500 for taking the time to record this and share it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27zzQuTVMyWSUN6eXF3UlFKMWs/view?usp=sharing

Edited by dabsan
  • Like 2

The problem with dropbox is the speed, i try to download. Thanks for sharing

Hi Ronny, I will try Google Drive again today, yes I don't like using Dropbox. Thanks for mentioning about the speed problem.

Thanks dabsan for sharing this!

I will try to set up my video camera and record these shows off the TV if response for them is good ~ 

I like Japan Hour, it's interesting and shares many information. The only bad thing is it is so hard to find and download...

• Like 1