Keio Dentetsu new reserved seating rolling stock- 5000 series

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Keio Dentetsu has released exterior and interior images of the new rolling stock it will use on reserved seat service to be introduced in the future.  The order will be for 5 sets of 10 cars, to be built by J-TREC.  Designated the 5000 series, they will begin operations in spring 2018.  The seating will be of the rotatable type to match peak/off-peak conditions and reserved seat service.

http://www.keio.co.jp/news/update/news_release/news_release2015/nr160316_zasekishiteiressha.pdf

earlier thread:

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/10046-keio-considering-for-fee-services/?hl=%2Bkeio+%2Bseating&do=findComment&comment=115321

• Like 3

The interior is amazing. I love it!

But the external design is rather unspectacular. Nothing I'd particularly fancy to own a model of.

My partner was saying they also have phone charging ports in every seat, not sure if that was a USB port or actual power socket.

Never the less good to see a sharp looking livery

bikkuri bahn

My partner was saying they also have phone charging ports in every seat, not sure if that was a USB port or actual power socket

The Toyo Keizai report says it will be power outlets mounted on the interior car sides, though the exact location and number is yet to be determined.  They will not be accessible when the seats are in the longitudinal position for high pax capacity.

• Like 1

The first set of the new 5000 series was delivered on 28 June 2017.

Here are some videos of the arrival at Wabakadai depot on the Keio Sagamihara Line.

By 9000Keio

By tsu1112k

5 ten-car sets are to be built by J-TREC (former Tokyu Car Corporation) entering service in september 2017, altough the designed service for these trains (Keio Main Line rush-hour reserved-seating commuter express) will begin in spring 2018.

• Like 4

These look really similar to the Tokyu 2020/6020 series and Toei 5500 series. Looks like this is some kind of new train design trend for private railway trains around Tokyo.