Pretty cool video, good edits and image quality.  Looks like something that might be on NHK World.

off topic, his next video, about the Eshima Bridge:

correct pronunciation of Yonago:

correct pronunciation of Izumo:

• Like 1

Neat! The Sunrise Seto is actually on the list for my trip this summer. And I plan to reserve the Nobi Nobi seat. However, I read that those are usually quickly sold out as there's no additional fee.

SuRoNeFu 25-501

Neat! The Sunrise Seto is actually on the list for my trip this summer. And I plan to reserve the Nobi Nobi seat. However, I read that those are usually quickly sold out as there's no additional fee.

Nobi-Nobi seat is the most popular ones because of its relatively cheap fare (well, in term of overnight train it is cheaper than the private room, since private rooms has additional facilities that required extra charges). Because of this, it is not only popular for those who have not enough money for reserving a private room, but also for those who are travelling in groups (^^)

IMHO, you need to be very quick when reserving the Nobi-Nobi seat - being late for even one second would result in having all of the seats completely sold out (with the only option that available would be reserving for the next day)  :read2:

Edited by SuRoNeFu 25-501
bikkuri bahn

IMHO, you need to be very quick when reserving the Nobi-Nobi seat

This is true.  I have a fellow railfan co-worker, and he was always proud of the fact that he could nab a nobi nobi place on the overnight express Hamanasu, despite the difficulty.  I either opted for the reclining seats or the b shindai berths, the latter because they are the closest in feeling and layout to the old pullman open berths, though positioned laterally.