Voie Libre - French narrow gauge magazine

velotrain

This is my favorite railway modeling magazine, and I have subscribed to it for almost 20 years.  There was previously a separate English translation of the text provided, but a year ago they started publishing a full English edition.

I realize very few folks here will care, but I know some of you have wider interests than Japanese contemporary railroading.  I just received  the issue for the first quarter of 2016, and was inspired by the rich diversity of the material to photo some sample pages for JNS.  It is not inexpensive, and a digital version is available, but I recommend the paper copy for the very high "production values".  I didn't photo them, but there are well done proto plans - rolling stock and structures - on a A3 folded sheet of heavy stock paper each issue - these are related to the contents.

I just looked at the web site for the English version, and if unsure you can get a 2-issue trail subscription for 18 Euros.  I know that seems expensive per issue, but think of it in terms of half a year's pleasure.  It is somewhat less expensive per issue for a one or two  year subscription.  I should mention that there are only a few pages of advertising at the back, which is a large part of the reason for the high cost.  For those familiar with Roy Link's Narrow Gauge and Industrial Railway Review, I would say that it is similar, but also somewhat less serious.  The last photo is part of the review of a multimedia kit - which might interest Toni.

Magazine home and subscription info:   http://en.voielibre.com/welcome/

gallery_941_192_55987.jpg

gallery_941_192_11586.jpg

gallery_941_192_104076.jpg

gallery_941_192_68745.jpg

gallery_941_192_53965.jpg

gallery_941_192_77255.jpg

gallery_941_192_131658.jpg

gallery_941_192_100710.jpg

gallery_941_192_86214.jpg

gallery_941_192_37031.jpg

• Like 5