Hobby Search

bill937ca

"There's a grain of truth in every joke." 😉

Edit: It feels weird to see you call me by my full screenname. When did that started?

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1

Anyone else order items from Hobby Search and have them come back the next day as backorder items?

Edited by bill937ca

I really wonder what is going on a Hobby Search. I have an order that has been sitting  for six days. No indication if something is out of stock, but the order is set to ship only available.  Seems they may have lost much in the move to the new location.

One thing that seems to slow down order processing is ordering items from different product tabs. I suspect each group may be relatively independent in order fulfillment. That is just what I did today when I added a second order. hahaha

Meanwhile,  late Saturday night I inquired of RG Rokko on two items, got a reply with 2 hours with an invoice and paid them when I got up Sunday morning. Today, it is already in the hands of DHL.

Edited by bill937ca

Could be anything really. Maybe something is on back order and they are waiting for the item. Maybe some COVID-related delays. I just had the experience with amazon.fr, they took three weeks to inform me that they couldn't source something I had ordered. Closer to our interest, amiami recently took two months to bill me for two items that they supposedly had in stock the whole time.

RGR is a one man outfit. If you catch Tokonami-san at a good time, orders can be processed really quickly.

• Like 2

4 working days is somewhat slow for HS. But not a stretch from 2-3 days normal processing times.

Late Saturday night is Sunday lunchtime in Japan. So small slow store on working day, make sense RGR were quick to react.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 2

Bill, maybe ping them. Usually HS is back to me w.in 48 hrs of order but a few times I’ve had things go into never never land for up to a week and then pinged them. Usually responded with a generic/auto we will send you an email when your order is shipping or ready to pay for then within an hour I would get shipping or payment email. Something just got stuck and someone had to give it a kick.

jeff

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Bill, maybe ping them. Usually HS is back to me w.in 48 hrs of order but a few times I’ve had things go into never never land for up to a week and then pinged them. Usually responded with a generic/auto we will send you an email when your order is shipping or ready to pay for then within an hour I would get shipping or payment email. Something just got stuck and someone had to give it a kick.

jeff

I did two days ago. No answer yet.

They are going in a semi lock down. They are grouping their shipments and have limited some of their movement.

They meaning the government has limited the movement of people and the companies have to hold their shipments

send them out in batches.

Inobu

Edited by inobu
1 hour ago, inobu said:

They are going in a semi lock down. They are grouping their shipments and have limited some of their movement.

They meaning the government has limited the movement of people

There is no lockdown or restrictions on movement. There is a "State of Emergency" in Tokyo, Osaka, Hyogo and Kyoto and "Spread Prevention Measures" in parts of neighbouring prefectures, which is bad news for the hospitality industry, particularly those parts of it which rely on people being drunk in the evening, and some closure of department stores etc., and a strong request not to travel over prefectural boundaries, but I am not aware of any restrictions which would directly impact mail order delivery businesses.

1 hour ago, inobu said:

the companies have to hold their shipments send them out in batches.

Do you have a source for that? I have for example just ordered some items from Yodobashi Camera which are being dispatched at the normal speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't get a direct answer to my inquiry, but they did process my first order the second order as a single order and take the payment. So things are finally moving just as Golden Week starts.

9 hours ago, railsquid said:

There is no lockdown or restrictions on movement. There is a "State of Emergency" in Tokyo, Osaka, Hyogo and Kyoto and "Spread Prevention Measures" in parts of neighbouring prefectures, which is bad news for the hospitality industry, particularly those parts of it which rely on people being drunk in the evening, and some closure of department stores etc., and a strong request not to travel over prefectural boundaries, but I am not aware of any restrictions which would directly impact mail order delivery businesses.

Do you have a source for that? I have for example just ordered some items from Yodobashi Camera which are being dispatched at the normal speed.

Yes, I went through the same thing with another vendor.  I pay pal and got nothing for a few day then got a response.

He said that they had bundle their shipment and delays

I checked  saw these articles and figured that was what he was saying.........

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/04/23/990133421/japan-declares-3rd-state-of-emergency-3-months-ahead-of-olympics

anyway after a few days more the shipment was sent an it came in 2 days ago.

Inobu

• Sad 1

Another Hobby Search Bargain Sale.

Bargain Sale will start from 12:00PM of 11th May., Japan time[GMT+9].

Tony Galiani

Just checking their web site and they have an announcement that EMS shipping is resuming.  Though with some unspecified price increase.  But at least there will be an alternative to DHL again.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Just checking their web site and they have an announcement that EMS shipping is resuming.  Though with some unspecified price increase.  But at least there will be an alternative to DHL again.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

Resuming to north america.

Price increases is in the links attached to announcement.

HobbySearch is having a bargain sale until Sep 12. Several interesting n scale items are on sale.

If anyone was interested in the latest Micro Ace Series 0 Shinkansen offering but was turned off by the price, that excuse is gone... Currently listed for just over 19000 jpy, about half its normal price on HobbySearch: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10663547

Update: it's sold out. I snoozed, and I lost.

• Sad 1

Another Bargain Sale just launched. Bagged a Tenshodo HO KuMoRu/KuRu which  basically worked out as free EMS shipping with the discount. I have trailer wheelsets for it, a motor will happen at some point along with the working pantographs and Tomix couplers.

• Like 1

And another one. A few interesting things this time, including the basic set of Kato RhB EWI coaches and a couple of the newish MicroAce "C Type" shorty diesels for very silly low prices. Also some HO stuff.

• Like 1

Hi guys. I'm new in the forum. I came here because I have a question, maybe someone could help me please.
When I want to buy on this page:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng

this message comes out

An error occurred during credit card verification process.
An unexpected error has occurred.
We are sorry for the trouble, but please fill our the order form again.

Has anyone had this problem? I have tried different credit cards with the same result. Thanks in advance!

Hi Sensei_Yoda, I haven't used a CC with Hobby Search in a while, but I never had an issue. Are you card unlocked for overseas? As an alternative, you could try Paypal.