Kato Double Track Single Crossover questions

nah00

So I have some questions about this - 

1. I'm assuming the piece between the two switches is insulated. The description on HS seems to indicate that it is but I'm not entirely clear.

2. For the power routing on the turnouts - it's strictly so you DON'T cut off power to the straight section of the line, correct?

3. If I put two of these back-to-back, how many connections for power would I need?

Krackel Hopper

1) Yes, the double tracks are insulated from each other.

2) Power Routing will only send power in the direction the turnout is switched to.  Non-Power Routing will send power through both sides of the switch.

3) Power connectors will really just depend on what the rest of your track layout looks like.

In short if you set the screws to non power routing, the turnouts will let power through in the straight direction and remain isolated between the two lines. Putting them back to back would look like electronically as two double track straights.

More info:

http://www.sumidacrossing.org/ModelTrains/TrackandRoadbed/KatoUnitrack/UnitrackSwitchesEtc/

Ps: power routing mode would need 6 feeds, like the old crossovers, so it's better to avoid it

Ok that's exactly what I wanted to know. I want to eliminate some wiring from a double crossover and these seem to be the solution I was looking for. Also they look better to me than the double crossover and avoid some of the headaches associated with it (especially when you have more switches for passing sidings and spurs involved).

The power feed wiring before and after the double crossover, not the actual control for the switch itself. I becomes even more of an issue when you have additional turnouts along the line.