Scenic Express?

katoftw

Anyone had dealings with them before?  I have some stuff that has sat in there preparing for shipping mode for 11ish days.

I did contacted them about 8 days ago on the status of my order, and they said the international shipping was being sorted out as she typed her email to me.

I haven't emailed back again as I just thought it would get done after a few days.  But the timeframe now is long past what I feel is acceptable.

If you have had dealings with them, does processing shipping take along time?  Other comments?

Edited by katoftw

Never dealt with them but from their website it seems they do most of their sales in Greenberg train shows which are in full swing now. Doesn't excuse the wait though, if they do shipping at all international is the same as domestic for USPS or any other type. I'd send them another email to ask what the delay is. 

On an aside, their website design hurts my eyes. 

Yah same here, they are great at the shows. They may have to take the international orders to the post to file the paperwork. When I sent $1000 of ebay trains stuff to a friend in Australia (collected all his orders for a big shipment) they made me fill out the long form (the one a business is required to) an it took time to fill out and process! Also they got hit by the big snow storm we did and folks are still digging out and getting going,mthe whole week here has been slowed down. USPS in this area also seems very backed up. Give them an email, they may be a bit snowed, literally. They seem like good folk.

Jeff

Ps the site is pretty vivid on the eyes! Guess they want to express how alive thier product looks!

Edited by cteno4

I did email them again.  Response was a high number of international orders was causing the processing delay.  12 hours after my email.  Another email saying the item had been sent.

Japanese Cherry leaf petals. :)

When I bought from them it arrived to New Canaan (USA) within a few days. I did not order to here as the postage cost would have been higher than the price of the products. I am lucky to have a colleague who went to the States to visit her girlfriend, so she could bring it to me.

Ist

I did that with a friend at work for a year when she visited her boyfriend every month in London and she got me good strong British tea bags (about 3x the whimpy American bags!). After the 8th or 9th batch she came in one morning and slammed down the big bag of tea and yelled "no more"! Apparently customs had flagged her because of her frequent vacation trips and the big bag of tea she kept bringing and thought of course drugs! Just short of a full body search, but a very unpleasant hour and a half for her. Had to take her to quite a few nice lunches to make up for it.

I can just see the customs guy holding a Baggie of ground brown foam up wondering how did they mask the smell?? ;-p

Jeff

• Like 2

When I bought from them it arrived to New Canaan (USA) within a few days. I did not order to here as the postage cost would have been higher than the price of the products. I am lucky to have a colleague who went to the States to visit her girlfriend, so she could bring it to me.

9.99 for the eco bag and 10.49 for shipping to Australia.  I had the same thoughts as you.  But, a) it is not available anywhere else, and B) if it was available locally, it would probably cost more than those two figures combined.

Edited by katoftw

a) it is not available anywhere else, and B) if it was available locally, it would probably cost more than those two figures combined.

Yeah, you're right, this is why I was lucky. One of our club members asked me to get some leaves as he will try to do some trees from it. I will post pictures when we will have those (or when he starts to teach us how to make good looking trees as he promised :) ).