What do you think of my Avitar

to2leo

Hey BC6 what does you avartar mean?  I read Chinese and am able to understand all the characters but I have no idea what it means?

EDIT: Topics relocated and merged.

Hey BC6 what does you avartar mean?  I read Chinese and am able to understand all the characters but I have no idea what it means?

Well I stumbled across a Japanese novelty shirt site and its supposed to translate to "Im looking for a Japanese girlfriend"

alpineaustralia
Well I stumbled across a Japanese novelty shirt site and its supposed to translate to "Im looking for a Japanese girlfriend"

Have you found one yet?

Have you found one yet?

No, not yet.....lets not hijack this thread we could go to "Off Topic"

I really like you Avatar, but as you said previously you got it in a NYC Japanese novelty store. Knowing these stores sometimes they get the rejects from other countries that have misprints.

The store owner told you it says, "I'm looking for a Japanese girlfriend." Here's the test, go into a Japanese Sushi Bar, if the people start giggling at you when they see the shirt, especially the women, then it's not saying what you think it's saying.  :grin

In Chinese it translates into...

Japanese person

?? Woman

Meeting Gathering

:laugh:

You see, as Leo has translated it, you're advertising a Japanese Quilting Bee!

I really like you Avatar, but as you said previously you got it in a NYC Japanese novelty store. Knowing these stores sometimes they get the rejects from other countries that have misprints.

The store owner told you it says, "I'm looking for a Japanese girlfriend." Here's the test, go into a Japanese Sushi Bar, if the people start giggling at you when they see the shirt, especially the women, then it's not saying what you think it's saying.  :grin

Thanks Bernard, I have to wear that shirt & go to a Sushi bar with it on. Sushi is the other thing I like besides Japanese trains & women lol.

Darren Jeffries

Bernard has a point here... I have it on good authority that it ACTUALLY says, "Hello Big Boy, Yes my favorite movie is 'Sex in the city' too!!"

:icon_clown:

Tenorikuma

募集中 (boshuuchuu) means "looking for" or "wanted". You see it used all the time in help-wanted signs, space-to-rent signs ("renters wanted"), and classified ad pages ("advertisers wanted").

That well-known t-shirt design BC6 is using as his avatar is a bit of an in-joke to anyone who's spent time in Japan and is familiar with the meaning of 募集中.

日本人 = Japanese

彼女 = girlfriend

Put together, it says something like "Japanese Girlfriend Wanted", worded like a help-wanted sign.

Well it's that "lost in translation" situation. But I think it works out evenly.

bc6 got a Japanese shirt that has a slight misprint but not to worry. Every wonder what happens to all those caps at the Baseball World Series when the other team loses? Well I make a bet there are people in Japan wearing caps that say, "The Chicago Cubs 2008 World Series Champs". :grin