Eurostar uncoupled incorrectly

NB1231

So I noticed two coaches on my eurostar basic set were acting funky, and while uncoupling them properly I think I uncoupled the wrong car...and now it won't go back...anyone have any ideas? I hate that I messed this set up as I'm a huge eurostar fan [emoji29] [emoji20] [emoji36] I don't want to break it trying to put it back as the plastic parts aren't very strong. I don't like how kato made the couplings on this set [emoji35]

thanks

Nate

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have not had experience with Kato Eurostar.  However, I once had similar problem with Micro Ace Odakyu 3100 series Romance Car, which is similar.  I resolved by fully dismantling the two cars with correct tools and reassembling.  Perhaps you could try similar.

f8e12451e798c531234af3ae44f8f1e6.jpg

Update...this piece seems to have come out of the bogie, any ideas? I tried to putting it back in but to no avail [emoji20] [emoji36]

Hello,

I have not had experience with Kato Eurostar. However, I once had similar problem with Micro Ace Odakyu 3100 series Romance Car, which is similar. I resolved by fully dismantling the two cars with correct tools and reassembling. Perhaps you could try similar.

If nobody has any ideas then that is my last resort.

Thanks,

Nate

I'm in agreement about the coupling system - pain in the ass to uncouple and also couple the front cars.  I had to use my super human strength to pull the cars apart and felt like something was gonna break.  Sorry, I'm of no help but wanted to express some empathy.  

I was reading up on someone else's experience with this matter.  Once I find it, I will share the link.

• Like 1

I'm in agreement about the coupling system - pain in the ass to uncouple and also couple the front cars. I had to use my super human strength to pull the cars apart and felt like something was gonna break. Sorry, I'm of no help but wanted to express some empathy.

I was reading up on someone else's experience with this matter. Once I find it, I will share the link.

Much appreciated and empathy is needed at this point. I read the instructions on coupling and uncoupling and they aren't helpful and I also agree with the breaking feeling. It's not my favorite coupling system!! That link would help a ton.

Thanks,

Nate

f8e12451e798c531234af3ae44f8f1e6.jpg

Update...this piece seems to have come out of the bogie, any ideas? I tried to putting it back in but to no avail [emoji20] [emoji36]

That piece should be fixed in place on the bogie, presumably held in place by something which goes through the two elongated holes. It looks like you managed to pull it out of whatever holds it in place, leaving it attached to the "wrong" coach. The question is, is whatever holds it in place still there? As I was part-dismantling my unit earlier to replace some of the other type of couplings I'll see if I can take a look at how the Jacobs bogie should fit together.

• Like 1

That piece should be fixed in place on the bogie, presumably held in place by something which goes through the two elongated holes. It looks like you managed to pull it out of whatever holds it in place, leaving it attached to the "wrong" coach. The question is, is whatever holds it in place still there? As I was part-dismantling my unit earlier to replace some of the other type of couplings I'll see if I can take a look at how the Jacobs bogie should fit together.

I figured. All I did was uncouple it the normal way as it shows in the book [emoji29] I'm worried now. And thank you if you get a chance to look at it.

Nate

Figured it out, somehow I broke off the two little tabs that hold the coupling into the bogie [emoji35] looks like I'll be ordering some replacements..