My Temporary Setups - Mostly Trains!

serotta1972

I thought these were sold separately because I most definitely want more as they look really nice especially that my brick oval sets are coming. That sucks that they are not available.

I m guessing they ll probably make them available in a set in time as kato do with theirs.

Do the guard rails fasten to the track direct or do they clip to the track joining clips?

Paul

Not sure what the spacing is like but I wonder if you could fit the track clips and drill a small hole in them to take the kato guard rails? May try that instead of buying new track,

Paul

I'm sure if there is enough demand, Tomix with will release these separately. They will also fit the Bus Collection roads, so it'd be a good investment for them.

They came with the JR East bus set with the two loops too, don't know if they were the exact same ones or not. I don't have the room for it so I never got the set, not that that ever really stopped me before...

Playing around with my Kato double track plates and Tomix grass tram tracks.  

post-2776-0-79484400-1483338123_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-18543500-1483338119_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-51608200-1483338121_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-62195900-1483338126_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-86558100-1483338128_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-04667000-1483338131_thumb.jpg

I love these snap on details such as the fences, guard rails and catenaries.  These things are making a modeler out of me yet. Now I feel like getting me some trees and shrubbery to put along the track.

• Like 6

Our group still uses a "temporary" style layout, although we now have the luxury of keeping it set up. You can add the fences, tram masts, bushes and trees by just plopping them down. We focus on running, and we like the flexibility to just add to or change the layout when the urge or inspiration hits us.

Rich K.

• Like 1

It's a slippery slope serotta, a slippery slope! You will be doing scenery by the spring!

45 degree incline coated in plaster, painted muddy brown with mainly vertical streaks of green scatter/foliage? Glaze/varnish in patches? Small pile of model people lying on the ground at the bottom?

• Like 2

45 degree incline coated in plaster, painted muddy brown with mainly vertical streaks of green scatter/foliage? Glaze/varnish in patches? Small pile of model people lying on the ground at the bottom?

Yep that's exactly where I pictured it going!

Jeff

• Like 1

Oh no, I am staying away from plaster - none of these multi process and waiting for things to dry stuff for me.  There will be more scenery this year but will be the instant variety.   :)

Edited by serotta1972

Mmm,we ll see,one thing leads to another!! Ha ha,as Jeff said,it s a very big slippery slope

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 1

Thomas doing some part time duties for Toyama Tram Railway?  :P

The tracks look really good, especially the grass ones!

I dunno serotta, I think you are sliding close to having some white glue under yout fingernails soon!

First it was nothing but trains on a folding table, then grass mat, then backdrop, now textured tram tracks and fences... What next?

Jeff

• Like 2

Sorry I didn't get to run Thomas on the inner track. Next time I set it up, I will check to see if Thomas does ok on the 140 radius curves.

Going by the information in the recent Tomix catalog (and from the box art at Hobby Search), the recent Thomas release should be fine running on a R140 curve as that's what's included in the Thomas + track sets. It's also down as being mini rail compatible.    

Going by the information in the recent Tomix catalog (and from the box art at Hobby Search), the recent Thomas release should be fine running on a R140 curve as that's what's included in the Thomas + track sets. It's also down as being mini rail compatible.    

Thanks for the info Rod.H

Thomas doing some part time duties for Toyama Tram Railway?  :P

The tracks look really good, especially the grass ones!

Trying to increase ridership with the younger demographics. 

• Like 1

Swapped the motor unit and case from Tomix 92470 Series 2100 Nagano Railway and rejuvenated and made like new the much older Tomix 92051/2 Series 253 NEX.  I wasn't able to transfer the couplers with underbody details from the original 253 to the new motor as the spacing was different but otherwise look the same.  It now looks and runs like a new HG Set.

post-2776-0-31962600-1483767671_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-14701700-1483767684_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-61346800-1483767689_thumb.jpgpost-2776-0-07883000-1483768007_thumb.jpg

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 2