Totoro module layout

tossedman

Yeah, his attitude is what's his is his and what's mine is his.

Hhmm... where have I heard of this before...

I know you have probably seen this already.  The harbour scene from Ponyo:-

Thought I'd throw in a Miyazaki connection.

That's a nice looking diorama! Though I wonder about that road that crosses over the boat yard...

• Like 1

That's a nice looking diorama! Though I wonder about that road that crosses over the boat yard...

Yeah - especially how that bus made it across without getting hung up.

todd, 

i got a bunch of those 1-2cm ones to do a display of big models in a public square sometime. like those large blow ups or plastic models they will tour. also a pile of pokemon as well.

jeff

Jeff, I'm still looking for the right sized Totoro. Got one in the mail today that's about 40 mm tall and I need one that's about 12-15 mm tall. The cat bus I got though is just about perfect.

Todd

todd, 

mine are two kinds i found for these, cell phone charms and little rubber erasers. ill go dig this week im pretty sure i tog a totoro between 1 and 2 cm a couple of years ago.

jeff

See this post ;)

oops.. sorry I didn't read the full story... but anyway, Todd's layout is something unusual obviously and I got different dimension from a layout... the funny side.. :D

Martijn Meerts

Ghibli stuff is great to add to a layout, especially with all the Sankei Ghibli kits available.

also would be something not too hard to make out of polymer clay! 

I've been thinking that all along. Even the mobile phone charms look too big. Shouldn't be too hard to make a reasonable facsimile from clay.

I've looked at that very thing on Shapeways Jeff. Gotta do it when they have free shipping because it's ridiculous how much they charge to ship to Canada. I've got an stl model of Totoro sitting on my desktop waiting to print. Gonna try clay first though. Maybe I'll get Noah to make it.

Todd

Edited by tossedman

OK, so I'm reprinting a 3D model of Totoro with my little low res 3D printer. I'll see what it takes to smooth it out. Here's one I made earlier but I'll need to scale it down.

totoro23.thumb.jpg.bf49451353f279158cd17230061ce7f2.jpg

Cheers eh,

Todd

Edited by tossedman
Uploaded image
  • Like 1

Got a package from ModelTrainPlus today. Found these in there. 

totoro24.thumb.jpg.4b4fcba611c85786b80e70110c2b576d.jpg

Might try some surgery on the blue one to remove the doors and make look a little more like this.

totoro1.thumb.jpg.45bf98516e321b3933bf7a030328fbb9.jpg

Cheers eh,

Todd

Edited by tossedman
Uploaded images
  • Like 6

What about coating the little one with spackel?

Jeff

Not this one, too small to make any difference. It didn't print well on my crappy printer.

Todd