Too many new models

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

I've been away from the forums for a while and probably still will be, but here's a few moments to discuss my hauls over the last few months.  I've been on a bit of a spree.

==Shinkansen==

Kato E5 full set

Kato E6 full set

wishlist:  Kato W7 set.  "Hakutaka" is one of my favorite train names and so I am looking for a good price on the Kato W7 Hakutaka set.

further on the wishlist:  have already waited a decade or more for kato to make a decent 0 series. may have to wait another decade.  east-i? not too bothered.

==JR/JNR==

Kato 103 series Yamanote Line - Finally got the "proper" Kato 103 Yamanote line full set.  Seller was selling it with both the regular cab and the high cabs, so i have both options. This is an older mould, but it does the trick.    That said, i probably overpaid for this mea cupa.

Kato 103 series Chuo line ATC set.  I am a chuo line completist so this is part of that.  Jpy 5500 never removed from box can't complain.

Kato 10-441 211 series with 2 Tomix middle bi-level cars.  Found this on yahoo Japan - 10 car set for under JPY 6000.  Works for me.

Kato E231 + Tomix Set. Another one sold with 2 tomix bi-level cars. Don't know why, but these sell for very reasonable prices on yahoo auctions and it works as a set great.  Used with extremely competently applied destination stickers - honestly, i prefer that over new as it saves me the trouble.

Kato Legends 101 chuo line set. 

Tomix 209 0 series Keihin tohoku 3 middle car set.  I already have 4 cars so this brings it up to a respectable length.

Wish List: Kato Nagano 211 6-car set. It's not worth paying full price for these as it's still the old Kato 211 mould.  

==Subways==

Have been on my way to getting at least one train from Each metro line in tokyo. Now missing only Namboku and Mita lines, neither of which I am thrilled about but will eventually get.  Here are my recent metro acquisitions:

Microace Tozai 5000 series.  A good looking set for a bare metal set.

Kato Marunouchi line "sine wave."  Have the regular one, now have the sine wave (6 cars).  Have stayed away from both the marunouchi and ginza anniversary / throwback sets though.

MicroAce Eidan 3000 Hibiya Line.  Nice set.  Got the one with the small windows.

MicroAce Tokyo Metro Hibiya 03 series.  The "adult design" train (in the "non-childish" sense).  Sharp.

MicroAce Toei Shinjuku 10-000. Expensive set but... worth it!   I grudgingly give MA credit for this one.

MicroAce Toei Asakusa 5000 set. Classic colours. The one i before swore i'd never get.

MicroAce Toei Oedo 12-000.  The metal version with rainbow front livery for me is the iconic one to have.

Kato Ginza line set - bought a duplicate cheap.

Wish List:  Namboku line set, Mita 6300, Maybe the ugly Toei Asakusa 5300, Tozai tokyo metro 07 and maybe tozai eidan 05. Extreme wish list Fukutoshin 7000 but that has become very very expensive.

==Tokyu==

GM Tokyu 8090 Toyoko Line set.  (8 cars).  From GM's "middle" era (not primitive, not as good as latest). 

GM Tokyu 8500 Den-en-Toshi Line set.  A bit more primitive.  So many manyfacturers (GM, Tetsudou Collection, Endou, etc) have put out sub-standard 8500s.  We'll probably never see the perfect one.

Wish list: GM Tokyu 1000 or 9000.  For Kato to re-do the various 5000-series derivates that MA did badly. I think we all suspect a Kato 5000 den-en-toshi line version is coming.

==Keio==

MicroAce Keio 3000 Blue Green.  not to be confused with light blue, which i already have

MicroAce Keio 3000 Violet.  Leaves only Beige missnig from my Keio 3000/1000 collection.

Greenmax Keio 8000 2-car add-on set kit x 2.   I have a well built 4-car set; this will bring it up to a good length. No option given that MicroAce has foolishly cancelled their 8000.

wish list:  i waited too long but may now to try to back-fill on Keio pre-5000 releases by Tetsudou collection.

==Odakyu==

Kato's Legend NSE set.  Couldn't resist, even though I already have the microace set.  seller mis-listed it and i got a new set on yahoo japan for JPY 5000.

Tomix 4000 full set (basic +add-on).   Should be a good set. Haven't received it yet.  New set but the seller included TN couplers too.

GM 3000 commuter set ("brand mark").  Attractive set.  Shows how GM's newer pre-built sets are now at acceptable visual quality levels (earlier ones were not).

Odakyu 8000 - got a set that needs work for JPY 2000.  Have three of these now for whatever reason (bought one, thought it was lost in the post, bought another, lost one arrived, then bought this junk set).  Broken set is missing front railings from one car that i may have to scratchbuild and about an inch of window insides from one car.

Odakyu 2600 "old color" in wooden box set.  Always kind of wanted this; good price = now i have it.

Wish list: GM recent's Odakyu 1000 release.  EXE 4-car add-on set (i know, i know).

== Foreign ==

kato Glacier express train (full).  Got the replacement couplers.  DCC installed.  is at best ok, but i got it at a buy it now price of JPY 9000 so am not complaining.

Wish list: ACS-64 with new amfleet cars. 

== Seibu ==

I have long been looking for a good seibu 2000 (new style front)  not sure if this is it as this hasnt arrived.  It is GM 4400 which stock photos show as NOT having independent railings on the front (instead, just moulded crap), but the photos from the seller showed this:

600x450-marketenterprise_2006_8904c3dae6

and showed it from multiple angles so fingers crossed i will get something decent with working lights as honestly i could not understand it coherently from the listing.

== Misc ==

Built kit Tokyo monorail 1000 set.  Well built set for only JPY 1500 (yahoo aucions fnid)  Done in an odd 'custom' livery. But I have the correct livery kit sitting in storage, so i will probably remove the bodies and put the correct ones on utilizing the rest of the set that the builder built well.

Misc Elevated double tracks set (Kato Unitrack).  56 pieces of double track elevated stuff for 14500.

Tetsudou Collection Misc:

Tetsudou Collection 21 - based on old inokashira line trains; i love these especially the Alpico set and the Hokuriku Orange one. Would love to find some spare Microace keio 3000 mechanisms and light sets to really put these to work.

• Like 2

Amazing! All in one go! I must say you certainly have a good Christmas ahead!

Great scores on Yahoo Auctions! I need to pay more attention there!  :)

Guest keio6000

cheers.. well, not all in one go, but actually in three shipments (one has arrived already, two in transit), but in the boxes were other things i had purchased on yahoo as well.  a few of the things came from known retailers too.  the seibu 2000 set is a real mystery - looking at it, i wonder if the serller mated kit build end cars with the pre-built middle cars.  if so, i wonder if he put the lights into it.. we shall see, we shall see. like to tokyu 8500s, the seibu 2000 is a series that a few manufacturers have tried but none have done well, with all of GM's offerings being deficient in one way or another so this hybrid was the best i saw, especially if the lights work....  for me, a seibu 2000 without visible handrails is not a seibu 2000 at all, even if they are of course overscale on our models. 

here is the GM version without the painted on handrails.

img60379590.jpg?_ex=330x330

Edited by keio6000

Keio,

wow quite a haul! this one may be ok here on its own as its such a list of incoming items!

you are going to be a busy boy unpacking all of that! have fun!

cheers

jeff

I'll have the complete Kato Yamanote line set before long too.

Bought the four car add-on set a couple of months ago (as it was silly cheap) and the two high cab KuHas. The powered set should be under the tree a week today, so I'll be able to build a six or ten car train with a choice of KuHas.

Think I'll be on the hunt for something interesting in a fortnight or so, as I'm usually given money by relatives (knowing that I'll combine it and buy one big object). A Kato double track viaduct station is the most likely result.