Long double track Bridge

gerryo

gerryo,

ems should be the same, package size doesnt affect it like it can with SAL (larger packages can take longer than smaller one as its shipped as they have space on the plane). I had the giant kumamoto castle box show up in 3 days EMS.

actually with things over 2kg EMS is cheaper! 

jeff

I would also note that the bridge is not the same component length as Kato.  So allowances and/or extensions will need to be made to make 560mm fit into a 558mm length 248+248+62.

Guest Closed Account 1

Ok so the transition track can be sectioned and the rails shortened accordingly.

I think I posted a pic long time ago and process is on fiferhobby site in New Mexico.

Takahama Trainwatcher

I would also note that the bridge is not the same component length as Kato.  So allowances and/or extensions will need to be made to make 560mm fit into a 558mm length 248+248+62.

Why not compensate with 248 + 248 + 64 = 560 ?  (Kato 20-030)

I received the Tomix 560mm bridge this afternoon.  That's not bad.  Ordered on the 11th recd. on the 20th.  Good work.

Of course I am not ready for it but, there you go. 

gerryo

Mudkip Orange

Yo this is like the fourth time I've asked in this thread.

How is the Tomix track attached to the 560mm bridge. Is it screws, does it snap off, what?

How is the Tomix track attached to the 560mm bridge. Is it screws, does it snap off, what?

Ballasted track is normally attached with screws from the bottom. Non ballasted track is form locking, meaning the ties are actually part of the bridge:

DSC05237.jpg

Guest Closed Account 1

Oh, since we have been discussing transition tracks, Yes! You are screwed. Leave a slight gap and screw the bridge to the support pillars. Then screw the transition track to the pillar. When the room temp varies by 20 degrees the layout terrain will want to contract or expand. Allow the track to adjust.

To Webskipper, and MudKip Orange.

On my bridge there are 4 tiny screws attaching the track to the bridge.  These screws are about 1/3 of the way from each end.  I believe that this would then allow the track to lift up slightly in the center and let the ends of the track to be taken out of their secure position.

I do not want to take my bridge apart because when it arrived, one of the 1/4 curved trusses was out of place.  To get this back together was no easy project for these shaky hands and failing eyes.

I do not know if you could attach different trackage.

I will be trying to use Peco Flex Track for my transition tracks.  There is only 4mm difference in track centers which is 2mm each.  I believe that ant flex track can take up 2mm in about 150mm of length.  Yes, I know it's not kosher to use English track on a Japanese layout, but that's tough.

gerryo

Edited by gerryo
  • Like 1

Thanx Jeff.

I have just now ordered 2 of the Tomix 3052 280mm Bridges to cross the same space but on my double track commuter line.  This is the same length but on a lower level so should look good.

gerryo

I think that I can, if I am careful enough, file down 25 thou.  I have been known to do some weird and wonderful things with Z scale track when I needed a piece that Marklin didn't make.  Like a crossing for Z and N at 35 degrees.

It's harder to do now but we fumble along.

gerryo

Mudkip Orange

On my bridge there are 4 tiny screws attaching the track to the bridge.  These screws are about 1/3 of the way from each end.  I believe that this would then allow the track to lift up slightly in the center and let the ends of the track to be taken out of their secure position.

I will be trying to use Peco Flex Track for my transition tracks.  There is only 4mm difference in track centers which is 2mm each.  I believe that ant flex track can take up 2mm in about 150mm of length.  Yes, I know it's not kosher to use English track on a Japanese layout, but that's tough.

Thanks for the info.

FYI, I'm a Peco guy myself. I'm currently running a mess of Unitrack, but there's bins of Peco Code 80 for when I finally get around to finishing a glue-and-foam layout.

I received the 2 Tomix 3052  280mm bridges just now.  Again, fantastic service.  Seven days, start to finish.

gerryo

Does the Tomix slab track separate from the viaduct, too? Tomix 1067

I don't think so. Slab tracks have their rails physically tied down to the slab:

10047038a.jpg 

So I guess that even if you remove the rails, there is no bed for you to rest the track on. But yes it will separate I think, by slowly clicking out all the ties that hold the track in place to the slab piece.

Guest Closed Account 1

Your answer has nothing to do with the question.

The viaduct is the walls.

The track must reside in the ballast.

Can the walls be removed?