Long double track Bridge

gerryo

Does anyone know of a Japanese company who provides , in kit form, a double track 600 mm long bridge?

If it needed to be in two parts, I could deal with that.

gerry

Gerry,

I'm not aware of any that length. What style bridge do you want? Flor verde has some single track ones at 570mm but they are $200.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10178052

The kato double track truss bridge comes with a connector piece that makes them into a continuous bridge.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10226814

Ends up looking like

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mount_Fuji_and_Shinkansen_100_from_Fuji_River.jpg

Jeff

I did wonder why Kato don't make a longer span (say a 496mm bowstring, similar to that Tomix one). Their 248mm ones look good with the extra girder installed, but you still have the extra pier in the middle. Can only assume that they've decided their customers would find such a long object hard to store, although Tomix don't seem worried.

I think you can get away with building your own using via duct. The via ducts has space down the center with a thin form across it. If you trim that out you can place a aluminum square stock down the center length. Three pieces of via duct will get you more than 600mm. I tried a mock up using a rod and it seemed to hold up. I think a square tube would work better.

Inobu. 

Thanx Guys.  The Tomix span is just what I was looking for.  The 600mm length that I was using was purely a suggestion of what I wanted.  560mm will do quite nicely.

gerryo

This is a beautiful big steel bridge... I thought of using it on my layout too as I have a span of around 840mm to 'fly' across.

But the item is so huge it wouldn't fit SAL nor small packet and only EMS, which puts me off a little due to the cost of the shipping...

Does either Kato or Tomix make an adapter to fit between their two widths of track spacing? 

I will be using Kato double track up to and away from the bridge.  It would simplify things if there was a piece of track to fit in between on each end.

gerryo

Actually you can buy the Kato single track conversion track pieces and use a few shorter single track straights to widen the distance for the Tomix tracks. (so S62-S62-S62-S62-C62-Tomix tracks/bridges-C62-S62-S62-S62-S62) The play in the unitrack pieces is enough to convert between 33 and 37 mm. (around 2 mm from the centerline for each single track part of a double track line)

Guest Closed Account 1

This is a beautiful big steel bridge... I thought of using it on my layout too as I have a span of around 840mm to 'fly' across.

But the item is so huge it wouldn't fit SAL nor small packet and only EMS, which puts me off a little due to the cost of the shipping...

Micro Engineering has bridges that you will need to put together with glue. Then paint.

Overall EMS + Tomix Bridge is not a bad price. Especially when you could ask seller to pack small items inside bridge box.

No need to use lots of those 62mm tracks. The more rail connections you add the more problems will pop up later.

Just use Kato double track and slice it down the middle most of the way with a razor saw, then divide the roadbed again in many areas to allow the Kato track to gently curve to the Tomix track.

The uncut portion retains stability other wise the sectional track will try to start curving at the rail joiners. No bueno. Refer to my attached picture. Only chop what you need.

post-398-0-57333200-1449852229_thumb.gif

Edited by Webskipper
Mudkip Orange

Judging by the track attached to the 560mm bridge.  It is the same attachment method as the 280mm and 140mm bridges.

...and what attachment method is that?