Tomix N-1001-CL Controller with Kato Viaduct?

Sascha

I just got the Tomix N-1001-CL Controller for my new Tomix finetrack, and I'm happy with it, due to me not wanting to go into the DCC buisness to have light on my trains when they are stationary.

I really don't want switch it to Tomix, so I would like to know, if I can use the controller somehow with my Kato Double Track Viaduct ? Can I just cut the cable, and combine it with the Kato ones, or is there a plug/connector thingy that I can use?

Edited by Sascha
You can actually purchase an adapter - the Cosmic CA-J22T.

RAIL-19800.jpg

Although as everyone has pointed out, it’s a lot faster and cheaper just to make your own.

Since the Tomix connectors are proprietary, I assume Cosmic themselves make this adapter (and the opposite version) by chopping up a 5534 D.C. Feeder.

• Like 3

I just got mine and cut them in half, stripped some of the insulation and used 12v automotive waterproof plugs on them.

I can have Kato to Kato, Tomix to Tomix, Kato to Tomix, Tomix to Kato.  And because they are the same type of plug, I can reverse the polarity also if I wish also.

• Like 1

I'm going with the'My Own' thing, since I learned in 6th grade how to use a Soldering iron, and I'm pretty sure I can still manage it after 40 years. :)

Do Tomix sell a cable which has a connector for their controller on one end, and bare wires on the other? Like the one bundled with the Kato transformers if you buy one which isn't part of a set.

I know Kato sell the inverse (a socket with a couple of fork connectors on the other end of the wire, so you can power their track from any controller). Item number 24-843, I used one while making my own PWM controller a while ago. Rather than cutting the Kato viaduct power cables I'd buy a couple of those, as that way you can use the three-way extension cords if you need them later. Just add some heat shrink sleeving and job's a good 'un.

Do Tomix sell a cable which has a connector for their controller on one end, and bare wires on the other? Like the one bundled with the Kato transformers if you buy one which isn't part of a set.

I know Kato sell the inverse (a socket with a couple of fork connectors on the other end of the wire, so you can power their track from any controller). Item number 24-843, I used one while making my own PWM controller a while ago. Rather than cutting the Kato viaduct power cables I'd buy a couple of those, as that way you can use the three-way extension cords if you need them later. Just add some heat shrink sleeving and job's a good 'un.

just buy a standard feeder, then cut in the middle.