55th All Japan Model & Hobby Show Catalogs & Brochures

changkh

Was in Japan last month and made a trip to the 55th All Japan Model & Hobby Show held at Big Sight.

Took as many catalogs and brochures as I could, not only train models but anything I could get my hands on including drones, radio control, air guns, gunpla, plastic model, etc.

I'll start by posting train catalogs; if there is enough interest level, I will continue to post more.

However, I do not have a scanner so please bear with the quality as I have to take with my digital camera.

@cteno4 yes there was. it was quite fast and i couldn't get a clear shot of it. i'll post the photo i took.

@katoftw sure. too bad i do not have a scanner. the photos do not do justice to the nice catalogs i painstakingly brought back from japan.

I think by puting the photo into the gallery and not directly to the post, you lose the ability to enlarge the photo, and quality size goes to crap.

Any N scale stuff?

Edited by katoftw

If I upload using the file attach option, I can't rotate the picture. And it does not seem to maintain the full size either.

I uploaded a link from Google Photo as well for Platz thread for comparison. Let me know which is a better option.

Edited by changkh
  • Like 1

Changhk,

Both look good from here. In forum is one less step, but the rotation is a problem if on a computer. I usually browse on the iPad so easy to rotate the pad and fill the screen with matching aspect ratio. I think it's probably what ever is easiest for you. Thanks for posting these, always fun to see! Nariichi from Modeltrainplus.com and Dave from loco1hobby.com usually pop some of these flyers in orders and always like the cracker jacks surprise when you open the box, always much appreciated!

Cheers

Jeff

In that case, I shall use google photo. It allows me to enhance the photos as well to make it brighter in addition to being able to rotate it.

By the way, the photos I uploaded in the gallery cannot be deleted? Can't seem to find any delete button.

Edited by changkh

Nice! Thank you for sharing!

Yap I think it will be a simpler and easier option will be using the file attachment button on the reply options. Though rotation is an issue, but it's a much easier option. Another will be to upload to any photo hosting site (like photobucket etc) and hyperlinking them here so the photos show up directly on the forums. This is tougher, but it's much easier to read and rotations isn't an issue, plus it makes narrating easy...

Nice of you to include Z scale brochures! You're into Z scale?

Heh heh the first photo is the Destination sticker promotion Kato is having ~~ :)

Did you take any photos of the displays and trains at the actual show.  They only reason I ask is the brochures you are posting up are all the same ones available from the manufacturers websites in downloadable pdf form.

Edited by katoftw

Did you take any photos of the displays and trains at the actual show. They only reason I ask is the brochures you are posting up are all the same ones available from the manufacturers websites in downloadable pdf form.

i did not take much pictures of the displays.

if the brochures are available for download, then there's no point for me to upload.