Various JR Companies Theme Songs

JR 500系

Came upon this topic while browsing youtube... The theme songs from the various JR companies:

JR East - ok...

JR West - way too cute for a theme song, eh?

JR Tokai (Central) - this sounds like some national anthem...

JR Freight - this is nice too... but only 2nd place to...

JR Kyushu -Has the be the best of them! I like this!

And a little bonus, Keikyu them song:

• Like 5

I think they are better view with the volume turned down.  haha

Seeing some of those vids like like being in a time machine.  JR Kyushu one for example probably had 50% discontinued services shown.

Indeed... Haha ~

The thing is, I think these videos are made by fans and not official... They used the official songs and use their own video recordings?

Here's another one, that says 2015:

Seems Kyushu has quite a fair bit of train fans... There seem to be more JR Kyushu videos with this song than the other areas... JR Freight is a close second ~

Nice. Do any other country's railways have enough pride in themselves theses days to have theme songs?

I kind of like JR Tokai's, along with JR Kyushu's and Keikyu's, the rest sound too cute or like love songs, railways are not cute.

• Like 1

My issue with the JR Central theme song is that is sounds like some of the Martial music out of the old Soviet Union or from the People's Republic of China. Given the liveries on JR Central trains and the similarity of the 313 and 373 Series EMU's and the KiHa 25 DMU or the similiarity between the 383 Series EMU and KiHa 85 DMU limited express trainsets, not hard to figure out why.

I do like the JR Kyushu theme song, though. It actually makes you want to visit there by train on vacation, too.  :)

SuRoNeFu 25-501

There seem to be more JR Kyushu videos with this song than the other areas...

Honestly, JR Kyushu's theme song (which the title is "浪漫鉄道", roughly translated to English as "The Romantic Railway") is the best, since it depicts the company's dream (possibly :read2: ) to become a railway company that offers luxurious and romantic passenger services to their customer.

The thing is, I think these videos are made by fans and not official... They used the official songs and use their own video recordings?

These videos are really made by fans, which they mixed the official songs with their own video recordings. This is something normal... :read2:

But oddly enough, the theme song is so good that even I found a video where it uses this theme song, but with JR East trains that featured in the video (instead of JR Kyushu trains) :toothy12: :laughing6:

JR Hokkaido, "北海道" "Kita no Daichi" ("First in the North"). With quite a USA country touch to it, very appropriate given the region's title as the "Wild North"...

Cheers NB

• Like 2

EErrrr… not too sure I liked the JR Hokkaido one ~ My top fav is still JR Kyushu's theme song, romantic testudo.... Simply lovely... 

• Like 1

For some reason I couldn't stop laughing at these.

I reckon you're right, the JR Kyushu's song is great. So is JR Freight's and I do like JR Hokkaido's.

westfalen is right when he says the JR West one is too cute...

These videos are surprisingly helpful for modelling inspiration and backdrop ideas, they capture the scenes much better than drivers' view videos.

YouTube doing what it does, I'm just letting it play JR East videos all in a row now.  I was very happy to see the Cassiopeia appear in this one at 0:35!
: 3

The JRF performers, who won received the "Unforgettable Music Award" at the NIKKEI National Company Song Contest in 2019, have done a 2021 video:

• Like 2

I hadn't heard any of these before, thanks.

It's interesting that they don't seem to use them at stations or on the trains, like the way that every random chain of shops has it's theme song playing over the PA on loop.

7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

An Update to the 'Romance Tetsudo' by JR Kyushu 

Nice, I like the focus on people in this one.

Youtube then followed up with this fun mix of model and prototype.  One for the folks who think they have enough kokis:
: 3