JMRA 2015

Kabutoni

The 24th and 25th of October, the JMRA will be there again in Kamata (Ota-ku) in Tokyo, in the PIO (大田区産業プラザ). I will be attending on Saturday (24th) and hang around the T-Trak modules on the 2nd floor and the Nanyō Bussan KISHA MODELS stand (1st floor) as usual. I won't be attending with my own module, since I can't manage to have it presentable by then however.

Website and more info: http://www.jmra.gr.jp/

Edited by Toni Babelony

what does your track plan for your module look like ? Get us lots of pictures !!! Hard to believe RM Magazine got sold out so fast, but I'm thinking the JAM Show was really something.

Hence, we'll never know without the indepedent lens person.

Edited by Kb4iuj

what does your track plan for your module look like ? Get us lots of pictures !!! Hard to believe RM Magazine got sold out so fast, but I'm thinking the JAM Show was really something.

Hence, we'll never know without the indepedent lens person.

I have not much of a clue what you're talking about, but my module is now looking like this:

IMG_20151006_111823.jpg

No real track plan to speak of, as this is a T-Trak module...

Also, the JAM never had a T-Trak meeting. Just some irregular appearances next to the more regular Poppoya modules. The only shows that have regular T-Trak gatherings are the JMRA (Kamata, Tokyo), Railway Festa (Ōshū-shi, Iwate, Saitama Model Railway Festa (Ōmiya, Saitama), and the JNMA (Hamamatsuchō, Tokyo).

Anyway, I will take lots of pictures again, but I think these will be a bit of a repetition of last time. However, there seems to be more animo for this meeting, as the total number of modules and the general layout is larger than before!

I'm not allowed to disclose the track plan, but it looks like a big mainline loop, with a smaller loop on the inside (probably for rolling stock exchange) and a smaller outside loop on the other side of the mainline. Insulated sections are roughly every three basic length modules, creating 13 blocks in each direction (allowing for 20+ trams/trains to run at the same time).

Poppoya Modules?

Is this show held most at the same time each year?  I ask as I wouldn't mind travelling again in October.  So it a show is on, I'd like to attend.

Poppoya Modules?

Is this show held most at the same time each year?  I ask as I wouldn't mind travelling again in October.  So it a show is on, I'd like to attend.

Yes, this show is being held every year in October. It mostly consists of the smaller manufacturers, focussing on H0 and the more higher-end of the model train business. Lots of brass and other types of kits. It's not as massive as the JAM and because of this, it's quite laid-back and not crowded at all.

The Poppoya modules I think we all know: http://space.geocities.jp/popoya2008/ ;)

Thanks for the link.  I think I've seen it before described as T1-Trak.

edit//  I've seen those Enoshima modules before in my google searches.

Edited by katoftw

Thank for the link to the Poppoya site.  I might actually use that guide to do my Kyudai Line layout.  I've been thinking of ways to do it.  And this looks like it should suit.

Thank for the link to the Poppoya site.  I might actually use that guide to do my Kyudai Line layout.  I've been thinking of ways to do it.  And this looks like it should suit.

If you keep your track at 10cm height, you can have interaction with T-Trak ;)

Yeah the thought crossed my mind.

Looking at something similar to this:- 

Single line rural layout with red deck plate bridges, rivers etc.  And I'm thinking of using this to kitbash the point roof of Bungomori Station:- http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10137907 Will need to use 3 kits to build the full station.

The Kiha 71 and Kiha 125 running round will be nice.  And when my poor modelling skills get better, then I can add more modules with scenery like Jion Waterfalls at Sugikawachi station.

Do the modules thin at like 25mm and then you can always boost them up to ttrak height or higher to do river modules. Thinner modules look nicer and save space overall.

Jeff

A little correction on my behalf. Nanyō Bussan won't be there as a company themselves, but will be represented by Kisha Models, another friend I made during the JAM who deals in expensive USA models.

I have not much of a clue what you're talking about, but my module is now looking like this:

IMG_20151006_111823.jpg

No real track plan to speak of, as this is a T-Trak module...

Is this a new standard for ceiling-mounted modules? Would be an efficient use of space if you can keep the trains from fallling off ;)

Anyway looks like I might be able to attend tomorrow.

Is this a new standard for ceiling-mounted modules? Would be an efficient use of space if you can keep the trains from fallling off ;)

It's all the rage! All the kids are doing it nowadays! Drugs, booze, loud music and magnetism!

Anyway looks like I might be able to attend tomorrow.

We'll be expecting you. :)

And so we met, most pleasant and hope to do it again :).

Quite a niche show compared to JAM, great if you're into HO brass kits or O gauge, but nice to poke around. Only major manufacturer represented was Microace with a large stand but not much on show. For me it was a good opportunity to stock up on some foreign stuff including these coaches from a neighbouring country :)

gallery_1206_164_152661.jpg

• Like 1

I can't really get the symbol on the coaches but they look like soviet (russian) long distance coaches. I didn't know anyone makes them in N, except the ancient east german piko cars lettered for the ussr only. (those old cars don't look this nice) Any more photos of the event?

I can't really get the symbol on the coaches but they look like soviet (russian) long distance coaches. I didn't know anyone makes them in N, except the ancient east german piko cars lettered for the ussr only. (those old cars don't look this nice)

Bingo. CCCP and Piko...

Any more photos of the event?

Just the one:

gallery_1206_166_133209.jpg

It was good to see Mr. Squid in real life and we should certainly meet up again soon for a more prolonged conversation. Maybe with some alcoholic beverages and a layout to stretch the legs of our models.

Here are a few shots of the show. Not much, as I was more busy with talking to people/colleagues and taking care of the T-Trak layout (I became an accepted permanent member, rather than just that regular foreign guy).

PHOTO_20151024_142209.jpg

Kanachū Bus Sets IV and V next to that famous r/c bus and a custom Yodobashi Camera advertisement wrapped Kantō Bus.

PHOTO_20151024_134255.jpg

The latest creations of ShinpoSHI.

And lastly, one of my trains running its circles on the T-Trak layout, performing surprisingly well after a long break and light modifications. 

PHOTO_20151024_140041.jpg

PHOTO_20151024_140058.jpg

PHOTO_20151024_140007.jpg

Pictures of the few purchases will follow tomorrow.

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 2

Bingo. CCCP and Piko...

You had luck that you found two in a such a great shape and the wheels seem to be replaced too with higher quality ones.

Here are a few shots of the show. 

Thank you!