LEGO, who else is a builder?

Well, i'm actually building a RATP (Paris Metro) MF 67 series in the old blue and white color scheme. I's 8-Wide and unpowered but with working doors.

Those are nice trains and 8 wide allows better proportions and detailing.

I would gladly help you in motorising it (for 9V or PF) if you decide to do it. (one pair of motors is enough for 4 to 5 cars)

My locomotives are all freelance builds inspired by actual designs, the LBB Be 6/6 is a mash up of a number of crocodile designs including the RhB Ge 6/6, OBB 1189 Class and the OBB 1020 Class, the LEGO 9v 4551 is based on the OBB 1020 Class which was also the DR E94 Class, the 4551 set is one of the most sort after LEGO trains and sells for a small fortune if you have a complete set.

I'd guessed that as I've never seen one for sale!

Mine is complete and in good condition, I think I probably built it once then kept it as a complete loco. Thing is, it's one of those sets you look at and don't want to sell, no matter how much it's now worth.

Most of the additional locos and stock seem to be worth a fair bit. I also have a complete 4537 (and another one I'm reassembling the lorry for), a complete 4544, a 4525, a couple of 4526s, a 4527 (and the Metroliner to go with it, although that's missing a few common parts) and a 4543 I'm working on rebuilding the JCB and trailer for. Also a couple of 4563s which are all there apart from a motorbike and possibly a hand cart. Some of those were my brother's, but he has shown no signs of wanting any of it back yet so I've adopted them for the time being.

There's also a mostly-complete Airport Shuttle monorail in the attic, needs a good clean but last time I checked the inventory I printed out it was only missing a few parts. Unfortunately one of those is a big white curved panel from the low-level station which was only in a handful of sets, and there are a couple of short straight track sections missing. The track extension set is complete. Must get it out and build it all sometime.

Think my only losses were caused by small light-fingered cousins being given parts of my collection which disappeared for evermore, although there must have been a box of random parts which was accidentally binned as I keep coming across sets with the odd missing part, like a "Pothole Patcher" minus its trailer.

Well, mine is a bit different from the prototype: It has 2 doors per side instad of 3 and it has two cabs on the same coach (i'm building only one wagon)

We have just had a notice on our new channel, that someone broke into a hobby shop in Hamilton, Ontario last night and stole $20,000.00 worth of Lego.

I would guess that, somewhere in Ontario, we have a new Lego builder today.

gerry

I'm convinced a more legal version of that happens with Tesco here.

Every so often they have Lego "reduced to clear", prices can sometimes be ridiculously low (as in a £35 set for £8). Unfortunately I suspect someone comes in, buys the whole lot and then sticks them on ebay, rather than kids suddenly finding that their pocket money can afford a lot more than they expected.

I usually keep my eyes on the reductions as they can often make undesirable sets worthwhile. If you can get it for £10 or so as a parts pack then who cares whether you actually like LoTR or not - the bits are perfect for a Castle build!

I love Lego's and erector sets and Lincoln logs...etc..    There used to be a computer program called lego digital designer  that was amazing.  google has a few cool ones -search( leocad, ldraw, blockcad, ML Cad ) All the fun without the high price.  I am not sure how they run on todays pc's .

Since the Lego Digital Designer is the official CAD tool from LEGO it's still supported and the newest version can be downloaded from their homepage. ( http://ldd.lego.com ) Just be careful as the expert mode allows all color and brick combinations, even never produced ones, like for example, you can't really get transparent rubber tires, but you can draw them with LDD.

I am searching for some Japanese Single or Double-car DMUs or EMUs that could be eaily built in Lego. I was thinking abouth the JR Hokkkaido Kiha 141 series.

Any suggestions?

I've built a 4 car yamanote e231 and a yokosuka 115 series. A de10 and a 101 series based kumoya tractor. A relatively simple build was the 2+2 car kumoha 12 set in brown. The hardest part is getting all the parts, but i build in 8 wide to avoid the shorty look so 20 meter cars are 48 studs long.

There are lots of good designs on www.brickshelf.com both 6 and 8 studs wide.

• Like 1

And here are some photos of an ongoing project, the Tokyo Metro 01 series ( 8-wide)

post-3320-0-65401600-1456689887_thumb.jpg

post-3320-0-96058400-1456689917_thumb.jpg

post-3320-0-25855900-1456689950_thumb.jpg

And eventually it's Kyushu variant, the Kumaden 01 series.

post-3320-0-62940500-1456689984_thumb.jpg