Tetsu Cafe: Looking for a video

disturbman

I remember quite vividly a video about a Tetsu Cafe that I've seen on youtube. It was a TV show and the presentators, a woman and a man, were going to a Tetsu cafe. Like allways lots of "sugoi"... but that's not the point here.

So I'm looking for this video, I would like to show it to someone, but I can't find it. Maybe if you know it or know the link you could help me. Anyway if you also have nice Tetsu cafe videos I won't say no. ;)

Thanks a lot. Interresting links and at the end, after hours of search, I finally found the video I was looking for!

bikkuri bahn

"Mecha ee yan"- that's so cool! (in Osaka dialect).  Glad you could find the program.  This seems like a good tetsu cafe, with a focus on Osaka railways and no "over the top" scenery.  Listening to the presenters' dialects was also fun.

These are new to me - am I right in thinking that they're a bit like a model train version of a cybercafe, in this case you pay to operate their layout for a given length of time? If only there was enough interest here to set up something similar!

I'm pretty sure that, if someone was crazy enough to open such a place it will work good enough. In fact, some times, I feel tempted to try it myself.  :angel2:

@bikkuri: I do like a lot this video and the place where it was shot. I would like to be abble to visit it. :)

That cafe was near Tennoji Station.  There now seems to be no mention of that location on their web site, so the original location may have closed in March 2009.  At one point this company had three locations.

The Sakai location with the front of a Hankai Tramway streetcar mounted on the building is still open. That location has the large layout in two rooms with a counter along the edge as below.

05212236582DSC_0460.JPG

06090048550046.jpg

a0066027_1574152.jpg

Map of the Sakai location.

http://www.tetsu-cafe.com/sakai/index.html

http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?hl=ja&ie=UTF8&q=%E5%A0%BA%E5%B8%82%E6%B7%B1%E4%BA%95%E6%B2%A2%E7%94%BA%EF%BC%93%EF%BC%93%EF%BC%93%EF%BC%92%E5%8F%B7&oe=UTF-8&ll=34.529328,135.497561&spn=0.011685,0.014741&z=16&om=1

More on the Tennoji location. It must have closed because I cannot find any of the restaurant pages that used to be a inch thick.  This old link to an article about the Tennoji location still works.

http://b9spot.nobody.jp/osaka/tetsucafe/index.html

05080013161DSC02379.JPG

05080013160DSC02378.JPG

12152008450DCF_0050.JPG

This large photo was taken inside Sakai location.  There is additional seating in the background in front of the train displays. It has more of a bar atmosphere than the original location.  I have no idea what has become of the third location.

03080010220DSC_0989.JPG

I'm not sure what has become of the Tennoji location.  There was talk on their blog of renovating that location.  A new menu may have been introduced with train themed meals, but perhaps without the layouts. But its not mentioned on their web site now apart from a couple photos in the blog.

Darren Jeffries

I'm not sure what has become of the Tennoji location.  There was talk on their blog of renovating that location.  A new menu may have been introduced with train themed meals, but perhaps without the layouts. But its not mentioned on their web site now apart from a couple photos in the blog.

That would be a shame if the layouts are gone. Thats one cool Cafe... we need some in the UK!

Tenorikuma

There's a similar bar with a model railroad layout near Nagoya, but I'm not quite sure where exactly.