Help: Danish Exhibition

domino

Congratulations Brian, It looks like you awesome layout was a success & you got 10 minutes of fame as well lol. Its a shame that there wont be a high caliber exhibition like yours at the Japanese fair this weekend in NYC.

CaptOblivious

Domino, congratulations again! Don't let the narrow-minded modelers get you down. Every country has them: The modeler who thinks anything outside of their particular domain is crap. Just ignore them, and ask: Did you have a good time? If so (and it sounds like it!) then great! And even better that you were invited to two more exhibitions! So, sounds like success to me.

(IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion")

alpineaustralia

Brian

I reckon you ought to be really proud. It was your first exhibition, it was different and you put a lot of time and effort into your layout.

At the end of the day, it was your layout that was featured more often on TV than any other layout. That has to tell you something.

The 'Hard core modellers' are either dinosaurs or jealous - in either case, you shouldnt care about their opinion, IMHO.

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Hi Brian,

=> http://bmptrains.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album05&id=cimg1689

There are too much pictures. Use more letters (Kanji, Kana and romaji) or combination with pictures. Japan has colorful places - but different colorful

-> http://fashionlifecrew.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/shibuya_tokyo_japan.jpg

-> http://hokie-engineer.com/Tokyo/2005_akihabara_main_street.jpg

But all other ponits (Layout, presentation, ...) are good. Excelent job

Hey all.

Thanks for all your comments and nice words on my layout, it really tells me that it was ok.

I quit sure im doing it again, now my first exhibition is behind me and i had some time to recover and look back on the exhibition, i actually had a great time talking to people and all the other people with layout to display.

Not only did my layout show on TV, there will also be a artical in a Model Rail Road magazine here in Denmark in November, it will be about the exhibition and a special colum with my Japanese layout,to show new idea`s and another side of Model RR than Danish trains.

I dont have a friend or family that is interrested in Model RR, so im going to do a one man show in the future aswell,so it is a good thing that the exhibitions are several month apart.

Well friends, i can not thank you enough for all the tips and idea`s you all gave me to be ready for my first exhibition,just so you know, im grateful for it all.

Regards

Brian

Domino

Domino,

hey maybe you have planted some seeds there in denmark and a few folks will want to pitch in next time you do an exhibition? Were you able to collect any contact info for anyone expressing interest or did you give out your contact info to anyone? JRM here in DC started with just a few of us slowly bumping into each other. Really helps if you have some help for these shows!

Glad you enjoyed it so much and you had a great impact there!

cheers

jeff

Hey Brian,

late congratulations for Your layout and all the work around it. Very tough for a one man show. Don't bother for the comments of the Danish hardcore modelers. The same happens to us. Being member of the German IG-Nippon, I really think over visiting Your next big exhibition in May 2010 combining it with a short Denmark holiday (the last one is definitely too long ago).

Keikyu1000 (alias Michael)

Hey Brian,

late congratulations for Your layout and all the work around it. Very tough for a one man show. Don't bother for the comments of the Danish hardcore modelers. The same happens to us. Being member of the German IG-Nippon, I really think over visiting Your next big exhibition in May 2010 combining it with a short Denmark holiday (the last one is definitely too long ago).

Keikyu1000 (alias Michael)

Hey Michael

Sorry for late response.

You are more than welcome to come to Denmark next year to see my layout, it is going to be in april/may in copenhagen , the date is no set yet,but i will keep your all posted about it here.

Thanks  for nice words.

Brian

domino

Brian - Very nice photo album thanks for sharing it with the forum. Any plans for future exhibitions?

Yes , im going to a small one late November , and then the Big one i Copenhagen in May 2010, looking forward to show of all my new stuff  :cool:

Domino

Brian

PS. Did you see the video ???

Brian - Was it in slide show? I did look there. A lot of activity on the layout with all those trains running. What I found most interesting is the reflection of the trains on the "mirrored" buildings on the layout, nice effect.

Brian - Was it in slide show? I did look there. A lot of activity on the layout with all those trains running. What I found most interesting is the reflection of the trains on the "mirrored" buildings on the layout, nice effect.

Yes, it is the last one in the slideshow.

I like the mirror building to, but i was wondering if i have to many of them now ???

Brian

Hey all.

Just want to show you the photo in a Modelrailroder Magazine here in Denmark about the Exhibition , the article is about why i Model Japanese Trains instead of Danish/german like everybody else .

Brian

Domino

post-164-13569923372525_thumb.jpg

post-164-13569923372702_thumb.jpg

post-164-13569923373539_thumb.jpg

Brian,

hey thats great! see being different does get noticed!

love your godzilla tail there behind the emperor's loco! i think you have the same goji we have! remember to feed him a fuel truck now and then so he doesnt kick any trains!

Congrats!

cheers

jeff

Thanks guy`s.

Yes im pretty proud that my layout got 3 page article in a Danish Modelrailroder magazine,way to go ME  :laugh:

Brian

Domino

hello all.

ok, i need more help (again, god i love this forum :grin) 24-25 april im going to a Big exhibition i Copenhagen with my layout, and i was wondering if i should make another trackplan for my layout, the one i started with was a bit simple i admit, but i was only thinking of showing of all my Japanese trains for the Danish people, but maybe this time i should try to make a more interresting trackplan, what do you guy`s think  ???

Im not that creative , so if any of you guy`s have an great idea for a trackplan , please post it here.

In the attachment , you can see how much space i have, i have 5 plates each is 110x110 cm, and i can put them together any way i like .

Thanks in advance

domino

Brian

post-164-13569923853287_thumb.gif