Help: Danish Exhibition

domino

Bernard,

LOL, now you want to introduce him to the godzilla fetish!

well yes, any self respecting japanese layout has to have some sort of nod to the big guy! we started with the little guy like 5" tall from my desk, up to our current guy that is n scale at about 15" tall (goji has gone from 50-150m in his life in the movies).

also a good way to get rid of any buildings or vehicles, just give them to goji to play with.

It is a fun element to add, but maybe domino has his hands full right now with his first show! they can be had pretty reasonably on ebay if you keep lurking for them.

cheers

jeff

Hey

Thanks .

I do have car-busses and people on my layout, the people i glued on to some clear plastic, i think i works quit well.

I have now change a bit on the track plan, i have taken out the inner loop , and made more space for my new buildings, i hope you like , .

Any way, im still trying to make changes to everything, so how the layout is going to look at the exhibition is is still a secret  :laugh:. Ofcourse i have photo of how it looks now , to help me when i am starting to put it all together at the exhibition just to give me an idea what to go for, i like that it is not the same every time.

Again all , thanks a Million.

The photo is to big to upload here, so please go to my web album to see new photo.

Brian

domino

Domino,

looking good! a few little ideas:

try running the trains with the longer cars (like the railstar and the Cassiopeia train) on the outer tracks that have the larger radiuses as they will look better going around the curves. then on the inner loops do the shorter freight cars and the romance train (which looks ok on short radius curves).

you might cut up some colored construction paper to lay down under some of your city and town areas to give areas of pavement or cement. very quick way of defining a street/road area.

do you have any vehicles to populate your streets? the cheap architectural cars from china are an easy and cheap way to start filling the streets with some traffic. we just place cars and trucks at each show differently. tomytec cars and trucks are also great and pretty good value, but more expensive than these cheaper cars. from 3-4 feet away they look fine though so your viewers wont notice their lack of really fine detail.

http://tinyurl.com/lt8ps2

for your street festival if you want crowds you could glue some figures to the construction paper or onto small piece of clear acetate. the cheap architectural figures you can get on ebay are great for making small crowds cheap. just have to make sure to store the little mats of figures carefully! the clear acetate can show up under some lighting conditions and especially in photographs more.

http://japanrailmodelers.org/photos/_sakura/pages/page_13.html

http://tinyurl.com/l83au9

have fun!

cheers

jeff

Brian - How is everything coming along for the big day at the show?

Hey

Everything is going fine, i got the last item i ordered by mail last week, it was some building for the "old japanese town" on my layout.You can see my latest layout here : http://bmptrains.myphotoalbum.com/

The layout is already packed in boxes for transport to the exhibition, i had to buy a box to put on the roof on my car(not sure what it is called in english)to make sure i have enough room for it all.

I made a check list , so i dont forget something for the exhibition, i hope :laugh:

You have no idea how much i appriciate all your coments here in JNS forum, it was a big help for me to get ready to the exhibition.

So a BIG THANKS TO ALL here in JNS forum.

I will tell you all about how the exhibition went and post photo after the exhibition 15-16 august.

Thanks all

domino

Brian

domino all I have to say is your layout is drop dead gorgeous. I like the way that its been planned, the trains you have are a nice mix of stuff & Id like to see a video of it operational some day.  Good luck with everything Im sure all will be fine.

domino all I have to say is your layout is drop dead gorgeous. I like the way that its been planned, the trains you have are a nice mix of stuff & Id like to see a video of it operational some day.  Good luck with everything Im sure all will be fine.

Hey

Thanks for the nice words.

There is a video here at the bottom of the page: http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,1293.50.html

Tell me what you think?

Regards

domino

Brian

Hey Guy`s

Like you said, this is a must on every Japanese layout, so here he is, everybody`s friend: Godzilla.

domino

Brian

post-164-13569923065361_thumb.jpg

Brian - Godzilla is a must! Is the exhibition this week? If so, best of luck!

Hey

Yes, this weekend,this friday i go to the hall where the exhibiton is and start putting everything together,hopefuly i will be ready when the exhibition opens on saturday at 10 am.

domino

brian

Best of luck Mate!

Take lots of pictures for us and have a great time!!!

(jealous of you living somewhere that actually has train shows!)

Graham

Hey all.

Ok, weekend is over and exhibition finish, see all photo from my first exhibition her

http://bmptrains.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album05&page=1

Im really tired right now(its 1 am when i write this) , so i will write all about it in a day or two, bare with me, hope you like the photo, and please post comments if you have any.

By for now, see you in a day or two.

regards

domino

Brian

PS, Yes its me , the semi fat person in the pink shirt  :grin

Brian,

hey looks like it came off great! hope you had a wonderful time doing it! believe me i know how wiped you feel!

brings a back a lot of memories as it looks like how jrm started out! you are only one person, we had 4 or 5 guys doing the jrm layout!

look forward to hearing your debriefing! congratulations on a job well done!

cheers

jeff

Brian - Congratulations! Did you enjoy the experience and would you do it again? Overall how was the turnout and did you get a lot of questions about doing a Japanese layout?

Wow, you really packed your car full ...  :grin

Didn't realised before that you had a alot of billboards on your tall buildings... they really establish the 'feel'.

Layout looks great.  :grin

Excellent job!  Exhibitions can be exhausting

Your layout looks great, very inspirational

Graham

Concept Model Trains

The layout looks great!  I hope you keep displaying at exhibitions.  It good to know the effort you made was worth it. 

Hey all.

As you may remember , the Exhibition was Saturday and Sunday last, so I arrived on Friday at 2.30 pm and started to put everything together, plenty of time for me to be ready for the exhibition (well so I thought) as I started putting everything together  all the other people who also was putting stuff together came over to see my layout and started talking and asking questions about my layout, which was fun but really slowed me down so I wasn’t finish until 11.30 pm that night  :cool:

Saturday morning I started early to finish all the details on my layout, and was ready when the exhibition opened 10 am, it was a hit from the start ,especially the kids was amazed with the “space rocket” that was running on the track( Nozomi 500) “wow it goes fast, can it go faster than that ??” and so on, also the hard core Danish  Model railroader were positive, but at the end they said ” nice, but it is no Danish train” that’s it , I was really surprised with the narrow minded/sighted -nes of the hard core Model rail roader here in Denmark, and on the other hand I might have known ???

I was not sad or mad because of the reaction from the Hard core Model RR , just very surprised , and still is.

There is a forum just like JNSforum here in Denmark for the Model RR , and there is a tread about the exhibition last weekend, there are at this point almost 10 pages and 300 pic from the exhibition , and NOT one quote or pic from my layout, go figure ???

Well all in all I was a great weekend, but im not sure im cut out for this “Exhibition life” standing up 7 hours 2 day in a row, talking to people , but if it is only 2 or 3 time a year maybe I can hold it out :grin

I have been invited to a smaller exhibition in November and the big one in May next year, so probably will do it again, after all it was fun  :laugh:

Regards

Brian

Domino

PS. As always you all were right, Godzilla was a hit .

Wow. Nice job for a one man show!

There was only to many posters on the buildings - IMHO

Thanks, yes it was hard for a one man show.

So you thoght that there was to many add on the building ??

What does IMHO mean ??????

Brian - Again congratulations! I'm not surprised at the reaction from the Hard core modellers BUT your layout was different and my guess is that it attracted more children than the other layouts because it was different and modern. The Hard core modellers have to realize that "whatever gets people into the exhibition is all that matters". What will be interesting is at the next show it people ask at the door, "Where is the Bullet train layout that we saw at the last show?"

Maybe next time you can have a friend go with you and split the time so you can have a break. The other big positive is that you were asked to another train show.