Hello from Syracuse, NY!

kobland

Hi all, I've been a fan of trains for almost my entire life now, primarily Japanese and European electric railways, and I've been a fan of plastic modeling for quite a while now, and I've decided to take the plunge into Railway modeling. I'm learning the basics from a few websites now, and I'm looking towards placing a few orders on some sets soon (Looking at some KATO brand starter sets and some KATO brand light rail trains) and I'm looking forward to making some connections and getting some help on the forums here! 

As the title says, I'm from Syracuse, NY (more upstate if you're not familiar with the location) and if there are any N-Scale modelers nearby, I'd love to possibly meet up and talk a little about beginning with these awesome models. 

Thanks!

Kobland,

welcome, thats it you are in for it now! i think you will find having fun with n scale japanese trains will trip a lot of your triggers! its addictive and fun.

lots of folks here to answer questions and threads to look at for ideas.

if you want some ideas of how to get started on layouts and some different ways to go take a look at our club website theres a bunch of layout articles there.

http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/otherlayouts.html

keep us posted on what you start doing!

cheers

jeff

On 9/8/2015 at 2:30 PM, kobland said:

Hi all, I've been a fan of trains for almost my entire life now, primarily Japanese and European electric railways, and I've been a fan of plastic modeling for quite a while now, and I've decided to take the plunge into Railway modeling. I'm learning the basics from a few websites now, and I'm looking towards placing a few orders on some sets soon (Looking at some KATO brand starter sets and some KATO brand light rail trains) and I'm looking forward to making some connections and getting some help on the forums here! 

As the title says, I'm from Syracuse, NY (more upstate if you're not familiar with the location) and if there are any N-Scale modelers nearby, I'd love to possibly meet up and talk a little about beginning with these awesome models. 

Thanks!

Welcome. There are lots of resources here for learning about modeling. If you're not already buying your Japanese trains directly from Japan you should start. Better prices and much better selection that stateside. I'm in the Midwest but will be moving to Upstate NY in the summer.