How should screwless Kato bogies be removed?

1954G

Hello, I was wondering if there is a special trick/tool for removing screwless Kato bogies.  Are they supposed to be pulled off by brute force? Or should I leave the bogies on while I clean the wheels (would rather not do this to avoid messing up the body with isopropyl alcohol by accident).  

Help would be much appreciated.  

post-2369-0-30856500-1440127525_thumb.jpg

Hi 1954G,

Kindly check your manual instruction sheet on the bookcase/paper box to be exact.. for screwless kato bogies which are used on non-powered cars, I always use tweezer to press on one side's center (left/right side no problemt) of the bogies with a little force... it will just release easily.. but be gentle just to make sure you do not break the little part details..

A bit off topic, for powered car bogies, I noted there are some differents on the way how to remove bogies, for Examples, on Kato E3 you can use tweezer to release it, the same way with screwless bogies.. but on Kato N700A, I need to turn the bogies 90degree first before pull it out from the chassy, only a small amount of force is needed..