Vending machines photos

The drink chosen in the first machine appears to be a fruit or tomato drink. The pair of characters on the machine are probably well known talents and that's their voices that you hear. The woman in this one, the man in the next one.

The middle one appears to have been a coffee drink.

The last one appears to be a cider drink.

Energy drinks are often in smaller bottles.

Articles about Japanese vending machines.

Vending Machine Extravaganza

http://pingmag.jp/2008/06/16/vending-machine-extravaganza/

Weird Japanese Vending Machines

http://unlimitedspot.blogspot.com/2010/02/weird-japanese-vending-machines.html

I'll keep a look out from now on.

Best wishes,

Grant

I noticed a lot of vending machines around Osaka branded as "One Coin" machines with every drink in them costing Y100, they didn't seem to have any big name brands like Coke in them though.

I noticed a lot of vending machines around Osaka branded as "One Coin" machines with every drink in them costing Y100, they didn't seem to have any big name brands like Coke in them though.

Yes, it's usually the smaller players in the non-alcoholic beverage market that have these 100 yen machines.  Like Dydo or Sapporo (non-beer).  My cousin used to go into the lobby of a North Korean office building in Yokohama because the vending machines there dispensed cheap drinks. Obviously worth the scare.

Buy something from a one coin, and you'll see why they are ¥100. I never had a decent drink once out of one of those machines in the past six years.

Thought that this machine might be of interest to people here. Seen at Kawasaki Station. Behind the NewsDay Kiosk on the platform for the Tokaido Line. Inly seen it here. Anyone else seen this machine at other stations?

DSC_0319-2.jpg

DSC_0320-3.jpg

DSC_0321-3.jpg

DSC_0322-3.jpg

DSC_0323-2.jpg

DSC_0324-2.jpg

DSC_0325-2.jpg

DSC_0327-2.jpg

DSC_0328-3.jpg

DSC_0329-2.jpg

DSC_0330-4.jpg

DSC_0331-2.jpg

I tried to get one of the Shinkansen set. I think that there 19 different items including different shinkansens, tracks, a tunnel, a bridge and a station. That's the station above the E-4 series Shinkansen. I ended up with the bridge. Bummer.

I think that you can get a motor to run it on the tracks.

Best wishes,

Grant

so it was like the gumball toy machines that give you a random capsule from the shelf you select, not getting to select the one you want?

i have a bunch of these mini pla capsule trains. they are windup. actually have a lot of cars, but limited in track, hard to get more track! very cute, i got some when last in japan like 8 years ago then matthew got me a few while he was living there and ive picked some up on ebay now and then when reasonable. in more recent times thomas has appeared in these guys as well.

have to make some of these for the layout!

cheers

jeff

so it was like the gumball toy machines that give you a random capsule from the shelf you select, not getting to select the one you want?

i have a bunch of these mini pla capsule trains. they are windup. actually have a lot of cars, but limited in track, hard to get more track! very cute, i got some when last in japan like 8 years ago then matthew got me a few while he was living there and ive picked some up on ebay now and then when reasonable. in more recent times thomas has appeared in these guys as well.

have to make some of these for the layout!

cheers

jeff

Four of those gumball style machines that you sometimes see in banks of dozens or more in Japan have appeared in my local shopping centre here in Ipswich, but no trains in them though. :sad:

You guys are too sharp. It says lingerie 'gachgacha.' For 500 yen, you get a 2000 yen item. It also says 'T-backs are gishiri.' Don't know what gishiri means, sorry. Possibly they are T-back underwear. You may know them as string underwear. Sorry, this is the first time that I'm actually reading what is on the machine.

DSC_0011-3.jpg

DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0014-3.jpg

I have to pass through the 'Love Hotel' district to get to my student's house. I'm too embarrassed to buy one, but some high school girls were snickering as they passed me taking photos of the machine.

Best wishes,

Grant

My "vending machine" page hasn't made it through the conversion process to my new site yet (one of these days), but among the vending machines I'd found when I went looking last spring that had clothing, including ties, umbrellas, and workmen's gloves, shirts and shorts, was this one:

lingerie vending machine

A "lingerie" machine from a love-hotel district in Kyoto.  So apparently they're not that uncommon.

So it took me a while to track this down. i had to search around for security cameras in the area that grant was shooting till i found one that had captured him taking pictures of the undies vending machine and the school girls giggling at him!

cheers

jeff

post-25-13569929943338_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569929944227_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha... Even got the color of my jacket right.

Grant

cool I can keep using this guy as grant in scenes, it'll be "where grant!"

jeff