Parts for a KATO N Gauge Swiss De 4/4 1662 Gepäck-Triebwagen SBB

dabsan

Hi, I was wondering if any members of the forum could advise me in locating a couple of items for a KATO N Gauge Swiss De 4/4 1662 Gepäck-Triebwagen SBB.

I am looking for some Buffers and some SBB CFF white decals for the sides of the locomotive. If any members model Swiss Railways or have any spare part number for the buffers or any details about any companies that sell the SBB CFF decals I would be very happy to hear from you.

post-766-0-00381000-1438496599_thumb.jpg

Your best bet might be to haunt ebay.de and ebay.ch.

It depends whether you specificially want OEM Kato parts or if you're willing to adapt parts from another brand. Fleischmann, Roco, etc do make Swiss models and the buffers are likely to be a standardised part across large chunks of the Swiss loco fleet, so if it comes to it you might be able to do that. If you mod the buffers rather than the loco you can easily replace them with OEM parts should you come across any later.

Transfers seem difficult, the rest of Europe just doesn't seem to have the same range as we do in the UK. I've struggled to find anything more than DB "Keks" logos in HO scale.

Useful tip: If you find what you're looking for on Ebay Germany or Switzerland then change the .de/.ch to .co.uk (leave the rest of the address as it is) it'll automatically show the price in pounds and shipping charges to the UK. After that you can just log in and pay as usual. I've bought quite a lot of Marklin HO scale stock that way with no problems.