How big are your layouts ?

Kb4iuj

It's always interesting to see or really get the dimension of ones layout and you can be as vague as you like. But, Mine has two long straightaways and about a 30" radius turn around. Roughly 15 x 4, but in the waist she's about a size 10 or about 1'6".

Just single track but I got some Kato double track. Hence the one above is the freight route and the on the bottom is going to be part city and suburbia. And may the same size above, but a bit more meaty in the waist. As you guys know how these thing start out and the next thing ya know. She like gained 10 pounds and what do you put there but more rice patties.

After pacing out,  length of interior and external single track run -  minus sidings & loops -  minimum 133 ft ( x 2 doubled track ).

This is OO gauge.

Edited by Kiha_120
Martijn Meerts

Only have a storage yard for now, and the beginnings of a helix. Available space is a room that's about 6 x 3.5 meters though.

• Like 1

Under development: 220cm x 30cm (about 7'3" x 1')

post-1206-0-31162000-1437572810_thumb.jpg

Future project: another 270cm x 90cm (ca. 9' x 3'), which the smaller layout will connect to (via the curve just visible at the rear right).

Edited by railsquid

None. No space and a little kid.

The best I can do is actually make a double T-Track module or something, which I probably will start with in late summer or autumn.

Z gauge (1:220) 44x32 mm (German ep3, mostly complete, built in a tool box) -> Rmin = 145 mm, built with Maerklin tracks

Z gauge (1:220) 70x40 mm (German ep3, work in progress, trains run) -> Rmin = 120 mm, built with Rokuhan tracks

N gauge (1:150) 70x40 mm x 3 modular (Japanese, work in progress, middle module still not ready) -> Rmin = 140 mm, built with Tomix fine tracks

N gauge (1:160) 1000x40 mm x 2 modular (Hungarian ep3-5, work in progress, fremo standard, exhibition) -> Rmin = 930 mm, built with Peco code 55 tracks

N gauge (1:150) 990x50 mm x 2 modular (Japanese, work in progress, HJMTC standard, exhibition) -> Rmin = 381 mm, built with Kato uni tracks

L gauge (1:42) 5000x1500 mm (Hungarian ep3-4, modular exhibition/home, updated yearly) -> Rmin = 320 mm, built with Lego 9V tracks

I know the module standard say 1000 mm (160 m in 1:160), but i had to cheat a little. And i tought the 320 mm (14 m in 1:42) mainline radius would be a bigger problem for my Lego layout. (It is for me, you just can't get any ME rails large curves atm)

Mine is an "L" positioned against the wall.  Basically, the long leg is 12' and the short leg is 8'.  The legs are 2' wide and both ends can accommodate 30"+ turns.  Track is down, just to test the viability of my track plan.  Its doubled tracked with enough yard track to hold 5 additional trains.  

Mine is just a small 2.8m long by1.2m width, permanently covered with a self-made acrylic case against dust...

Mine is currently built in one piece 11 feet by 4 feet. This has 2 stations, one on each side with a double track loop through the main station then rises onto 2 single track viaducts to go over a single track loop.

This single track loop starts at the main station, rises onto a single track viaduct to go over the double track loop, then down to ground level for entrance into the yard, or through the small station, around the other end of the layout, under the double viaduct and through the main station.

I have also included some Unitram in the center, which is approx. 20 inches by 54 inches. This has two double loops, then a single track off the left end which runs through a dedicated track through the main station then curves past the Unitram station beside the main R.R. yard then back onto the Unitram layout.

I will be changing the structure from one piece to 2 foot by 4 foot modules, 'cause some day I will have to move it out of our current apartment.