NSW TransLink Intercity contract shortlisted bidders

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

AUSTRALIA: On July 9 New South Wales Minister for Transport & Infrastructure Andrew Constance announced the shortlist for a contract to supply and maintain a fleet of around 65 electric multiple-units totalling 520 cars for used on NSW TrainLink Intercity services:

• Alstom Transport Australia;
  • Downer-CNRCRC Consortium (Downer EDI Rail and CNR Changchun Railway Vehicles);
  • Stadler Bussnang;
  • UGL/MEA/CSR Consortium (UGL Rail Services, Mitsubishi Electric Australia  and CSR Corp).

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/traction-rolling-stock/single-view/view/four-shortlisted-for-new-south-wales-train-contract.html

Hadn't heard about this. It'll be a bit sad to see the Vs go, they have a sort of elegance about them. Having said that, by 2019/2024 they'll be getting a bit old, so I suppose they have to be replaced.

Das Steinkopf

Hadn't heard about this. It'll be a bit sad to see the Vs go, they have a sort of elegance about them. Having said that, by 2019/2024 they'll be getting a bit old, so I suppose they have to be replaced.

The V Sets are a great train but unfortunately have suffered over the years mainly at the hands of some of their passengers, the interiors of the coaches are in a rather sad and sorry state due to a combination of wear and tear as well as rampant vandalism, I have ridden in them quite a few times and always enjoyed how smooth they are as well as their rapid acceleration. It will be a shame to see them retire from service but to keep the running would require an extensive refurbishment to their interiors as well as the underframes, from my understanding they are becoming increasingly harder to maintain due to fatigue and their age, hopefully they pick a decent design that will be manufactured locally.

http://www.stadlerrail.com/en/portrait/locations/bussnang-ch/

This is where you find the Stadler HQ, the main design offices and the traction systems departement.

The Dosto-s are fairly modular, having two main shell variants (cab and middle unit) and supporting any combination of motor, half motor and trailer cars for each shell type (with of without a pantograph). Internal arrangements can be a combination of 1st class, 2nd class, 3rd class (side benches), multiuse (baggage) and all this with or without a toilet. Train lengths are usually between 2 and 8 cars.

Edited by kvp