Jauce.com Handling Time

paulmaglev

paulmaglev

An inquiry was posted earlier in the suppliers' thread about what expectations to have with shipping and handling on the website Ho33y Search (www.1999.co.jp), but I wanted to get an idea of the shipping and handling times of Japanese auction sites like Jauce.com.  I bid and won an auction for Kato's 10-534 and 10-535 sets (the Suha 44 limited express 'swallow' 7-car and 6-car add on sets respectively) on 6/29/2015.  It has almost been a week and the item is still designated under the 'processing' phase, Jauce.com's euphemism for 'our warehouse didn't receive the item from the auctioneer yet.' 

My question to you on this whole charade is: is this normal? For direct comparison, I got a complimentary C62 locomotive from Ebay on the same day and it already arrived in my country from Japan; the C62's delivery I suspect is this Monday (since the USPS doesn't believe in delivering mail on Sundays in the name of upholding tradition).

Guest keio6000

totally normal.  relax.  it may be weeks or months before you get it (the latter if you ship by sea).  totally normal.

what does it say on the actual auction listing about shipping times?  jauce is a company, but they are still buying of private sellers that do what they wanna do.

Paul,

Most of the Japanese train sellers on ebay are Japanese hobby shops so usually pretty fast at shipping stuff out and no middle man like jauce in there. Most auctions on yahoo.jp are private sellers and like kato says they might take a few days or longer to get it shipped out!

The times I've used middleman companies for Japanese purchase it did add significantly to the times involved in communications and shipping.

Keep us posted on your experience always good to know for us all!

Jeff

paulmaglev

what does it say on the actual auction listing about shipping times?  jauce is a company, but they are still buying of private sellers that do what they wanna do.

From what I know the auctioneer ships when they please on their own terms. But it should not take so long since it's getting sent from the Mie prefecture to Jauce's warehouses. Both both of which are situated on the main island whose surface area is roughly the same as California.  I guess next time I will consider the possibility that whatever I order might be shipped at the speed of a swallow tied to a coconut.

2-3 days for jauce to contact buyer, making shipping arrangements, do payment and seller payment confirmation (some only check emails at night, not at work). 1-5 days for buyer to send item/s (some only send on weekends). 1 day to arrive at jauce. anywhere from 4 to 9 days.

I also use a different proxy buyer for yahoo.  I've had some take 4 days to arrive at the company, and others take 1.5 weeks.  And many inbetween.

Edited by katoftw
paulmaglev

2-3 days for jauce to contact buyer, making shipping arrangements, do payment and seller payment confirmation (some only check emails at night, not at work). 1-5 days for buyer to send item/s (some only send on weekends). 1 day to arrive at jauce. anywhere from 4 to 9 days.

I also use a different proxy buyer for yahoo.  I've had some take 4 days to arrive at the company, and others take 1.5 weeks.  And many inbetween.

Okay.