Greetings from North Dorset, England.

Kiha_120

I am very pleased to have found this forum, so by way of introduction let me say thank you for all who have replied to what I have posted thus far.

It's great to find others with the same interests who are willing to share their experience and ideas to the betterment of all.

As for my input - I come from a family of railway oriented people, especially on my mothers side where her brother was well liked and respected during his lifelong career working for the GWR at Swindon works.  I am an 'ex' railman myself ( if there is ever such a thing as an 'EX' railman !)

I worked on the main line as P/W ( permanent way ) maintainance, and as an RO2 ( station staff )

plus many, many hours working on preserved lines in England.

I 'found' Japan via the internet, and the many hours of Japanese rail fan videos I have watched is disgraceful - they are so addictive !  It seems Japan has more rail fans than the rest of world put together.

I was, and am, so impressed with this nation and it's people and especially railways, I took the decision to 'convert' my 60's British layout to a 'hybrid' mixture, but gradually becoming more Japanese than British ( as and when Japanese outline building, figures etc become available.)

Kiha_120 - Welcome to the forum and glad you found us. You are going to find a lot of other members from England are also here.

Very interesting family history you have with trains!

Welcome kiha! Glad you found the fellow addicted! Will look forward to your layout's evolution to Japanese.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Khia,this is the place to be for any info on Japanese mate,full of very knowledgeable and helpful people.

I only got into model making about five years ago and I was looking for something different when I stumbled across Japanese trams on you tube,now I m completely hooked! I m no expert but I love model making and I love the Japanese trains.i m just starting my Japanese train layout having done a tram and bus layout,I m just waiting for the last pieces of track and support piers to arrive from Japan then once I get it running I ll put a post up.Buildings and scenic stuff are fairly easy to come by,there s a number of shops on line,modeltrainplus,locco1 and plazzajapan on eBay,obviously it means waiting for delivery but usually no more than about five days.

I buy most of mine from Japan as it s a lot cheaper,even if customs pick it up and you have to pay import tax at 20% you ll still save 20-30% .I m like a big kid at Xmas every time I place an order,and I m 56!!!