bikkuri bahn

Bombardier’s Italian train operations are the perfect example of globalization in rapid motion. The Canadian company’s factory, acquired when it bought Germany’s Adtranz, designed Europe’s fastest train, the Frecciarossa (Red Arrow) 1000, which entered service on June 5 with the Italian state railway. The trains themselves are being assembled by AnsaldoBreda, a subsidiary of the Italian defence and aerospace giant Finmeccanica. AnsaldoBreda is soon to come under the control of Hitachi, the Japanese industrial heavyweight that is trying to crack open the European market.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-magazine/eric-reguly-goes-inside-bombardiers-belissima-train-division/article25075865/

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Yes, appears to be a very nice piece of kit.  Hopefully I'll ride one next time I'm in Italy (already "did" the AGV).

• Like 1

Yes, appears to be a very nice piece of kit.  Hopefully I'll ride one next time I'm in Italy (already "did" the AGV).

Let me know when you will come around, we can meet for a beer and/or a quick chat

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Which part of that article is interesting?

Well it's a bit more detailed that the typical reports on railway matters you find in mainstream anglophone newspapers- this reads like a "business report" piece, so we are spared the tired railroad metaphorical phrases such as "chugging", "on the right track", "derailed" et al that reporters unfamiliar with railways too often use to try being cute.  Also, the part about the future of Bombardier's railway division vis-a-vis their aerospace division.

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 1