Kato 50th Anniversary Special Release

Hello,

I read occasional speculation about the Kato 50th Anniversary Special Release.  I would like to add my own.  Some of you will remember that the 40th Anniversary special release arrived in December 2005.  My speculation is that Kato will make an announcement some time in August for a pre-Christmas release.

We discussed a few things like this in the Kato 50th Anniversary thread from memory.  Be good to know.  As of yet there is nil things done for their 50th.

Edited by katoftw

Hello,

All fine if you want a Keikyu Deha 268.

keikyu_268.jpg

So, all you have to do is attend the Kato Hobby Centre on the weekend of 8th and 9th August ... join the queue ... register here ... pay on line there ... receive your kit in November ... so sorry, shipping in Japan only ...

As much as I love my hobby, I just can't be bothered with such.  With winter approaching I would rather spend a weekend away with a hot spring bath.

So, all you have to do is attend the Kato Hobby Centre on the weekend of 8th and 9th August ... join the queue ... register here ... pay on line there ... receive your kit in November ... so sorry, shipping in Japan only ...

As much as I love my hobby, I just can't be bothered with such.  With winter approaching I would rather spend a weekend away with a hot spring bath.

You wouldn't have much luck if you went to the Kato Hobby Centre anyway; the instructions say to go queue at the "鉄道模型コンテスト2015" at Tokyo Big Site.

http://www.moraco.jp/

Hello Mr E6系,

Please don't forget we are meeting this Friday night ... at Tokyo Station ... not at Kato Hobby Center ... ;)

Also I have no plan to attend.  It is a project for the teenager and student.  I think so.

Edited by Ochanomizu

Hello Ocha,

Yes, coming.  See you at Plarail.

Haha ... my big mistake about KHS ... so sorry.  Either way, I'm not interested.  It will not be an orderly procession, that's for sure.

Guest keio6000

oh darn, i was hoping it would be an overpriced container flatcar.

/ sarcasm.

seriously though - i don't understand what anybody sees in this anniversary junk.

• Like 1

seriously though - i don't understand what anybody sees in this anniversary junk.

This is the train car that stands outside the main Kato building. I'm sure many people would like to get it if Tomix didn't release the same type (but not the same car number) in a 2 car Tomytec set. So actually Tomix managed to steal the show a bit, but it's still interesting to see Kato release a kit instead of a ready to run set.

This is the train car that stands outside the main Kato building. I'm sure many people would like to get it if Tomix didn't release the same type (but not the same car number) in a 2 car Tomytec set. So actually Tomix managed to steal the show a bit, but it's still interesting to see Kato release a kit instead of a ready to run set.

Actually, companies themselves approach Tomytec for special runs of certain products, so there is no stealing of the show going on (firsthand information from an undisclosed source).

The Keikyū 230 from Tomytec was a special release by Keikyū, meaning Keikyū chose Tomytec over Kato to produce this model. Kato themselves probably release this train without a Keikyū license, as there is no mention of this being a licensed product. The only discrete mentioning, it being a Keikyū train, is on top of this page: http://katomodels.wix.com/deha268