Hello from Colorado

TheRailfan98

TheRailfan98

Greetings everyone, I recently stumbled on this forum after searching for some information on Kato's HO Scale Hayabusa Shinkansen and found what seems to be a great community for Japanese rail modelers and decided to join. While my primary interest is HO Scale I've been planning to start expanding my N Scale collection and balance it out. I look forward to meeting you all and maybe learning a thing or two.  :)

-Brandon

Brandon,

Welcome,mgood you found us!

Japanese HO is not for the small of wallet, but Japanese N scale is quite the bang for the buck and a huge selection!

Cheers

Jeff

TheRailfan98

Thanks for the welcomes!  And you're sure right about that, that was the main reason I decided to get into N scale more, Japanese trains are way more abundant and affordable than HO!

-Brandon

TheRailfan98

Sort of, I found Densha de D first (what's in my profile pic), parodying it by replacing the cars with trains. I started watching Initial D afterwards and enjoyed it just as much, have yet to finish all the episodes though. I suggest checking out the Densha de D games, they've got a lot of humor and sort of follow the Initial D storyline, and multi-track drifting of course!

-Brandon

Edited by TheRailfan98
bikkuri bahn

Welcome Brandon.  I spent many childhood summers in Colorado, and developed my passion for railways there (among other places).  Fond memories of speed-lettered orange and black Rio Grande locomotives and mile-long BN trains on the I-25 corridor, full of Wyoming coal bound for Texas generating plants, pulled by green SD40-2's and GE U-Boats.

marknewton

G'day Brandon, I'm one of the minority here who models Japanese railways in HO scale.

My son and I have a 10-car Kato E5 Hayabusa set in HO scale which is a very impressive model. I reckon that if you get one you won't be disappointed. :)

15863484399_4bb8a93621_b.jpg

Anyway, whatever scale you decide to work in, welcome to the forum.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1
TheRailfan98

I wish I could've seen more RIo Grande locomotives in person, luckily there's still a few BN and Santa Fe locomotives on the locals nowadays but my luck's been pretty bad catching them! Just looking at that Hayabusa set it is impressive.  :) While I'll mostly work in N I hopefully plan to have a few HO models like the Hayabusa, DD51's, and a few steamies to run at shows with my local club. Thank you both for the welcome!

-Brandon

Edited by TheRailfan98