Hello From San Francisco

PJZ

Hello to all JNS Members-

I'm a North American modeler who recently converted from HO modeling to N and more recently was introduced to the fantastic world of Japanese modeling.  KATO USA models are great but I just received my first order from Japan and wow, these models are fantastic.

I received a KATO E7 Shinaknsen Starter 10-1221 and a KATO Flat Wagon with ISO Tank Containers 8042-1.

I run DCC and have a 25' by 2.5' layout under construction.

I look forward to learning and sharing more.

Paul Z.

• Like 1

Paul,

Welcome! I grew up in Oakland! Glad you scaled down, got bitten by Japanese rail and found us!

Do you know about the asianrail Modelers in the so Bay Area? They have Asian modules they display at local shows there.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Yes I had hear about the asianmodelers. Got to look into that. And yes 25' is the length of my HO point to point layout that is getting relegated to a upper shelf! For N I'll have a 36" helix to go down a level for 8' staging. I'm loving the long trains N yields!

serotta1972

Hi Paul,

I'm in SF too.  Good to know of another Japanese Modeler in the area.  Getting into this forum has been a cursed and a blessing for me.  

It's taking time and money away from my other hobbies.  :)

Junior

Hi Paul - And welcome to the forum.....you posted that you have a layout under construction, would you mind posting photos of the layout as it progresses?

• Like 1

Hi Paul - That would be great to show the development of your layout.....it really is surprising when you look back on the beginning stages that you can't believe you actually had an idea and now it's real. I suggest you start a new thread dedicated to your layout. I look forward to seeing it!

Hello, Paul! Welcome to the JNS Forum!

Glad to have another convert to "N"ormal scale modeling  :). I hope to meet you soon and invite you to join our AsiaNRail group here in the Bay Area.

Our next scheduled AsiaNRail set up will be at the annual Train Days celebration at the Los Altos history museum on September 19 - 20, 2015. Hope you can make it.

Prior to that, I'll be in Korea for a couple of weeks in June and then at the NMRA National convention in late August where I'll have a small AsiaNRail layout set up to support my presentations on "Modeling Asian Railways in N scale" and "Macro-Micro Modular Layout Design

I'm also usually at the quarterly meets of the NMRA Coast Division that are held at various locations around the Bay Area.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Paul Ingraham, Coordinator, AsiaNRail N scale modular group

Hello Mr Paul,

So sorry, but did you say your layout is 25' long?  You mean to say it is more than 7.5m in length?  WoW !!!  That's a huge N-Gauge layout!  I wish you good luck and look forward to seeing your results.

Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard and nice to know that you have a big layout... :)

I will be very happy to wait you to post pictures in the future... IMO, the HO gauge did provide easy looking details, but space is the issue.. The N gauge, while using the HO space we can see more N scale trains running on.. but the details makes your eyes work harder, magnifying glass is a must when we want to see the minute details. :D

Considering the huge space, are you going to model Japanese trains only or also N scale US models? as Kato also have so many great and beautiful N scale US locomotives...