Old Kato series 200 missing panto

emkay_777

Hello All,

At a recent show, I happened upon an old Kato green and ivory series 200 six car shinkansen (N-Train 400C).  It looked old and tired but I bought it for a good price.  On getting it home, I cleaned up the wheels and put it on the rails and it ran like a champ.  This is an older set, as the motor car has no flywheels and there are bulbs for the directional lights.  The only thing missing was one of three plastic pantographs.

post-759-0-94904600-1431264619_thumb.jpg

I also broke a couple of truck retaining pins while changing out couplers as well.

post-759-0-52862400-1431264697_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me if these old parts are still available anywhere?  I would actually prefer to put the 'operating' wire pantographs on instead, but they would have to align with the existing rooftop mounting holes.  Thanks,

Evan

Edited by emkay_777
Guest Closed Account 1

Pantographs 4259F

Bolster Pins 4070-2D

You'll receive a free truck with each pin. I wonder Kato used the same Bolster Pin on early American cars and the first TGV cars. 

Attempt to remove the Bolster Pins from inside the body shell.

Possibly the 0-Series Metal Pantographs fit but, not sure.

You'll receive a free truck with each pin....

Hello Mr Webskipper,

I can sell you a nice Toyota radio that comes with a free car, too .... :D

Webskipper,

Thanks for the info.  Are these Kato part numbers?  I searched for them but couldn't find them.

Hate to see those words on HS, "long sold out"...

Might query Modeltrainplus and loco1hobby.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

If you're still looking then you might be able to use some miniature nuts and bolts in place of the missing pins.

Looking at the shape of them, if you size the bolts to be a sliding fit in the bogie pivot hole then they'll be able to tap a thread into the mounting hole on the coach. That way you won't need to find a space for a nut under the interior moulding. Don't tighten them too much or they'll lock the bogies solid.