kkxzd first layout

Kkxzd

Changing gears and given the fact that I moved countries twice in the last 2 years, I decided I might explore the possibility of doing something smaller. Also liked the exercise of fitting this layout I liked into a much smaller size. 

I copied most of the layout I referenced before and adapted it for this size, I think the result is quite interesting. No shinkansens in this layout thou.

HCD layout (80" x 36" in this case), maximum inclination is 4% and sharpest curve 216mm. Probably need some additional turnouts. Rails in the city could be for a tram, but that is optional.

What do you think?

post-3027-0-52723100-1432004486_thumb.jpg

post-3027-0-36424000-1432004489_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting, I thought from the way it's pictured in the catalog that over 183mm should be ok, but just noticing that most models list 249 as the minimum.

I'll try to redraw it with that angle, shouldn't be that hard. What a pain thou :)

Every Kato I own states R249 as a minimum for most, Some long steamies are R282, and Shinkansens are R315.  MicroAce doesn't, but since 80% of my collect is R249 minimum, then I'm happy to use that as a base curve.

Tomix Shinkansens are R280,  but they really stuggle on R280, R315/C317 is better as a minimum.